GUN Check out my new CCW - Taurus Millenium Pro .45

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by attomica, Aug 27, 2008.

1. attomica

attomica Active Member

This PT-145 seems like a really nice piece. All components fit together quite nicely and the trigger feels really smooth. I just got it a couple days ago, so I haven't fired it yet. I can't wait to get to the range...maybe this coming weekend.

[​IMG]

It's a really nice size...compact, but large enough to fill my hand.

[​IMG]

It was on sale at budsgunshop.com for $299. That plus shipping and the $25 FFL transfer cost me a grand total of $339. Not too bad.

2. cantankerously

cantankerously Active Member

Neat little gun with some nice features, but i'm not a fan of the overall gun.

3. controvert

controvert OT Supporter

Reminds me of my 9mm Walther PPS.

4. cantankerously

cantankerously Active Member

We sell that gun for $350 btw - $299 is a good price.

5. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Shoot the shit of it, and let us know what transpires.

I've always wanted to like those guns for a moderately priced CCW piece, but have hesitations about Taurus autos.

6. more off

more off Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

millennium crew :bowdown:

7. jabbadeznuts

jabbadeznuts ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I stripped one for my neighbor and it was a complete pain in the ass. But, he had nothing but good things to say about it.

I'm more of a .45 guy, but that's a hell of a deal.

8. attomica

attomica Active Member

Hmm, I broke mine down to do a thorough new-gun cleaning and thought the disassembly procedure was pretty simple. Lock the slide back, eject the magazine, pull the slide pin, and move slide forward and off the frame. What did you find difficult?

9. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

One of my first 'large caliber' semi-autos was a Taurus Millenium PT40. (Everything prior to that was .22's, .32's, and a .380).

2nd trip to the range and everything seemed to be going quite well. Was letting my wife shoot it a little to compare to the .32 she normally uses. About 200 rounds downrange (WWB and Remington UMC cheap range stuff) and I get a cut on my left thumb. Almost the entire left side of frame just above the trigger had cracked and was open. You could basically see the trigger components through the side of the gun. :noes::noes:

Unloaded it and took it up front (the range was at the gun shop that I purchased it at) and showed them. They boxed it up with a couple of spent shells that I'd been firing and sent it back to Taurus.

I didn't know what to expect, but I received the gun back in about a week. No letter, explanation... nothing. Just the gun with a new frame. They didn't even bother to clean it to inspect it further. I was very disappointed in the whole ordeal.

The gun shop allowed me to trade the gun in (gave me full retail price :bowdown: ) so that I could buy a Glock. Funny since I had bought the Taurus as an inexpensive way to get into a small polymer carry gun. I should have just spent the money in the first place and bought the Glock.

Cliffs: My Taurus Millenium .40 frame cracked after 200 rounds and I returned it to buy a Glock. :bigthumb:

10. attomica

attomica Active Member

Do you recall which generation your gun was? I know that earlier models of this line had the exact problem you described. From all that I've read, the redesign for the new generation directly addressed that issue. I guess it's a good thing that Taurus has a lifetime warranty. I sure hope I don't have to use it.

11. jabbadeznuts

jabbadeznuts ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The locking lugs/pivot link on his just wouldn't some free. Oh well.

12. WooleyBooger

WooleyBooger OT Supporter

Wouldn't mind getting one of those...

13. attomica

attomica Active Member

Well, I went and put 250 rounds through this baby today. Smooth as silk and not a single malfunction. Pretty damn accurate too, although I'll need to get used to the sights. At 10 yards, I got every shot on the 8" targets I brought.

14. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

:cool: