SRS Cheating Death

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by rebel, Mar 27, 2005.

1. rebel

rebel Manchester United > All

Something is wrong with me... In the past 4 weeks, I have been in two situations which everyone who witnessed them said they were 100% sure I was dead and they are profoundly surprised that I am alive. The first incident was a freak accident in a parking lot. I had gotten out of my car and walked around the other side to get my books out when a SUV hit the rear end of my car going 55+ mph. The door slammed on me and broke my elbow and gave me a concussion. When my car slammed into the car next to me, the door was flung open and I was thrown 15 ft or so on asphault and shattered glasses, cutting up my arm and hands. I was sent to the ER for 8 hours or so. When I looked at the accident from all other angles that I could have been at it was shoking. The entire driver side of the vehicle was smashed into the car next to me. No way I would have survived if I had been walking along that side. If I had been in the driver door I would have been dead if not permanetly paralyzed. If I had been walking around the back of the vehicle, He would have struck me going 55+ and killed me. That was about 5 weeks ago. I never thought much about that. I had some pretty bad headaches for about the first couple weeks but nothing big. Anyways, I had some occatioanal flashbacks from that. I could sometimes "feel" like how the accident happened and have random snapshots of it in my head. Nothing major though, I tried to block it out. I don't like to think about that type of stuff. Anyways, today something bad happened again. I was rideing jetski's at the lake with a friend of mine and we were just rideing around. Going a good 20-25mph on the water and his jetski died so I saw him stop and began to turn around. As soon as I turned to the left I look and he is 8 feet or so from me coming full speed. I floor it and turn hard to the right but he still hits me. Because of the angle I turned at, I launched him over me. His Jetski hit me in the head and on the handle bars and flew over me and flipped throwing him off. He was fine and his jetski had some fair gashes on the bottom. The left side and handle bars of my jetski were fucked. These weren't even mine btw, these were my step dads parent's jetskis at their lake house. Anyways, I went back and explained what happened. They were kinda pissed at first but very happy I was alive. The neighbors came over and said that they had had 911 on the phone because they saw the whole thing and thought that there was no way either of us had survived that and they were 100% sure we were dead. That kind of hit me. I started thinking, what if I hadn't turned and he had hit me directly and not at an angle. It would have killed me. I wouldn't be here. What if I had been on the other side of my car when I was hit? Why do I keep almost getting killed? Why am I not dead yet? It's really freaking me out, I have almost died twice in the past 5 weeks. I don't know what to do. My friend was a little spooked but we both kinda felt the same way, that was crazy. I don't really have any friends I can talk to, most of them are morons or care more about them selfs than other peopels problems. I don't know what to do, this is insane. Counseling never worked for me when my dad used to make me go to that when I moved out of my moms house. I have a "borderline genuis IQ" and "photographic memory." They said that some BS about how counseling wouldn't work for me because of how logical my brain works and how I figure stuff out to quick. I'm lost here, but I keep seeing the accident over and over, both of them. :sadwavey:

2. Bioanger

Bioanger Self-Proclaimed moron

It is very normal to have vivid memories of traumatic events. In cases of life or death situations, memories can be powerful enough to put people through the very same emotional sequences as the original events they experienced. In your case it sounds like you have a relatively vivid memory to begin with, and that means your traumatic memories will be all the more vivid as well. By and large, this is a natural brain process that neither you nor a counselor can expect to control. With time, the memory will become less intense and you will be better able to focus on other things, but the memory will never disappear.

Some people do turn to counselors for this sort of thing, but I think many more of them turn to spirituality, especially when they are looking for the reason behind what happened to them. Either option essentially involves the same thing: self-reflection. Ultimately only you can determine your own means of coping with life and death, but talking it out can help.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

A strange story should follow then.

I had experienced many accidents in my life, they where very traumatic and insanely painfull and damaged what not in my body.

The memories come to haunt you like a ghost from the past , which seems strangly applyable for people that they tend to remember 'trauma' better then a great day in the bar or disco.

I noticed this one girl in my class, who had 'never' experienced these kind of odeals or ostrosities in her life,

The main diffirence between her and idiots like me, was that she was ' CAREFULL ' in her life.

I think this might be the solution to your problem to be more CAREFULL in your life. If anything you want to avoid trauma's in your life.

Your life can become a little bit more boring because of that, but you will more likely remain ALIVE.