Cheat days important when cutting?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by iCe, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iCe

iCe Active Member

Maybe i should restate the question. Is having cheat days more harm than good? I started cutting at the beginning of this year and cheated twice in the past 3 weeks. I felt really bad already. :noes: :hs:

2. niXon

niXon OT Supporter

Dont feel bad, 1 cheat day a week is a good way to kick up your metabolism, just make sure you arnt consuming anymore than 1000 calories over your cutting intake when you cheat.

Right now Im trying to go a whole month without cheating and weighing myself, its so hard :hsd:

EDIT: Also what do you consider to be a cheat? (EG. Fast food, cookies, or just more food in general)

3. iCe

iCe Active Member

Anything that is caloric densed like Chicago stuffed pizza. :hsd:

4. niXon

niXon OT Supporter

I stand corrected.

5. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

cheat meal every once in a while will keep me from goin crazy. sucks to open the cabinets at home and cookies, chips, and cheetos and having to hold myself back.

6. M1k3y_all-in

M1k3y_all-in Guest

i think yes at least once every 2 weeks or once a week for cheating days will probaly work out fine

7. SteveO

SteveO Guest

it sure won't help your goals, but one meal or even 1 day for that matter won't kill you either

go without it this week, and keep on pushing to go without it. Soon you will never need one

8. SteveO

SteveO Guest

oh, so the only good foods are the processed shit?

That's the problem with the world today, people need to learn some good ol' southern cookin (not that I'm a redneck or anything). Steak or some other lean portion of meat, baked potatoes, and some green beans every night of the week.

9. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

That's basically what a Russian style dinner consists of.. some sort of soup, some sort of meat, a starch (usually potatoes, prepared in a few different ways) and some veggies. Good shit..

10. SteveO

SteveO Guest

yeah every now and then is no big deal, but from post I read you're talking about pop tarts and sodas every meal (actually Ceaze, but he seems dead serious about it)

Only reason I stress strictness to some people is because when it does come time to cut (when the value of calories becomes very important) it's much easier and it's no change but a simple drop in a calories.

11. Drudge

Drudge New Member

Unless you are planning on competing i wouldnt suggest a cheat meal. My usual intake is 250-275g. protein 80-100g carbs 20g. fats...during my cheat day i stay in the 150-200g protein 300+ carbs and 50+fats

12. Dzl

Dzl New Member

hahahaha, I think that's the 5th time christophers has said this in this thread.

13. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Yep. 5 times...

Personally, I'm pretty obsessive/ compulsive to begin with. There are some foods I'll stay away from even on so called 'cheat days'. I love bbq chips and ice cream and find it easier to stay on my diet just by eliminating it altogether. Eating them even on cheat days, simply keeps me craving them.

14. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

if you eat very clean for 5 days a week and rip it up on the weekend with food you like it will actually help keep your metabolism going. I have a cheat day once a week until 6 weeks out from a show. You hsould always have at least one meal a week and eat whatever you want, otherwise your gonna fail and binge eventually.

15. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

eating super clean all week is always easier for me. the weekends is when it falls apart.

i'm never in the same place at the same time on the weekends so i forget to eat or whatever.

16. illmatix

illmatix Diamond Studded Member OT Supporter

When you go to take a shit, does this come out?

[​IMG]

17. the Rosswog

the Rosswog OT Supporter

exactly my problem. breakfast on saturday morning (afternoon :rofl: ) is about all i can keep on track.

all week at work i can eat perfect because i do the same thing and eat the same thing every day. when the weekend comes i dont eat as much, and i generally dont eat as well.

18. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

One of my friend's followed the atkins diet for like two years...
    he said he was taking a dump only once a week. Probably something like that I imagine...

19. illmatix

illmatix Diamond Studded Member OT Supporter

:werd: I tried a diet like that once. My dumper was in dire straights. :eek4d:

20. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Oh thank god. I am ordering a large Philly Cheese Steak (PROTEIN!!$@$#@) pizza from Dominoes and eating the whole fucking thing. Not eating the crust though.

21. SteveO

SteveO Guest

the crust is the best part

22. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

:werd: The main reason for a cheat meal is so I don't shoot myself in the face during cutting.

23. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Andddd I just finished my entire large pizza (minus the crust). Anyone know about how many calories are in a large pizza?

24. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

More than you can afford, pal.

25. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

I cheat now once every 10 days....and believe me its a fuckin' cheat day!!! :eek3:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.