Cheapest way to get a Samsung A900?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Madness, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

I'm not a fan of having to pay for phones. Are any retailers/distributers offering a full rebate on the A900 yet? Or does anyone have any tips on how to squeeze a service provider into giving you one cheaper than they advertise?? :hsd:

2. The R-ruh

The R-ruh OhMyWhat?!?!

The Sprint rebate depends on how long your current phone has been active on your account. U get $75 off if it's been 12 months, $150 off for 24 months. I dont think anyone is offering it for free. I payed $275 for mine, it's worth every penny.

Follow this link to see what rebate you'll receive:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ueContent.jsp?scTopic=promoUpgradeProgram

3. ThePhat1

ThePhat1 New Member

The price won't come down for a few months -- supplies are still pretty constrained at the moment, stores can't keep them in stock now, so there's no incentive to discount them yet. I was very fortunate to get one when they first started appearing, and even more fortunate to get one, that is for the most part, bug-free. It's a SWEET phone, and the only reason that I didn't jump ship from Sprint (whose phone selection has been lacking in recent years).

4. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

I should've mentioned that I was getting a new contract (no existing service with sprint). Anyway, after 2 weeks of searching the best I could come up with was $189 from local dealer... So I bought the A920 instead but it big as hell and the flash card memory isn't really worth the extra size. Has anyone else both the blade and the 920 on a daily basis? Is it really worth the extra cash for the size? Personally, I'm not too comfortable with the button feel on the A900, but I've only had the A920 for 5 days so I can still take it back and exchange for the blade. Opinions?

Edit: My only reason to switch to the blade is I carry alot of shit in my pockets as is, (especially during the summer without my jacket) so the thinner the better. That and the A920 already feels 'dated', despite it's features and amazing lcd (reminds me of the old a600 camera phone from '03). The 920 is great.. but big :(