GUN Cheapest place to purchase Glock 19 or 23 online?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by i300zxtt, Jun 22, 2004.

1. i300zxtt

i300zxtt New Member

I would prefer new, but could go used if the gun was in mint condition and the price was right. This will be my first handgun, and i'm leaning towards the 19 at this point. I've rented the 19 twice and shot ~200 rounds through it, and ran through ~100 rounds through the 23. I like both! At this point though it looks like a 19 because of the cost of ammunition. (More practice!)

One more question, does the local dealer usually make one pay sales tax? Anyone bought a gun through the internet before? (Esp. in Florida?)

Thanks guys, your help is apreciated! :hs:

(edit: my local gun shop wants $510 for a 23 <FS>, new in box

2. GunShow

GunShow You had best unfuck yourself

If you are in Miami just go to Lou's gunshop in Hialeah. They have the best prices on Glocks I have seen anywhere and have both new and used.

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

www.topglock.com $462

Local dealer you will pay sales tax...
    Here is one thing to consider that might make your gunshop a better deal, anytime you buy online you have to pay a shipping fee and it can only be shipped to a FFL which is another fee.. I compared and usually found that is just as cheap to buy it from your dealer, because even the above mentioned deal you are going to be over $510 when its said and done

4. i300zxtt

i300zxtt New Member

Where is Lou's?

5. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

if you can get anything around $470 new from a dealer, you're good. don't expect to get that out the door, because $469 is only barely above cost, and that's what the glock stocking dealer and distributor near me sells them for. if your local store is not a distributor, they're probably not going to have a price like that on a 19 or 23.

6. GunShow

GunShow You had best unfuck yourself

They are a Glock distributor. Give them a call and ask what the civilian price is for whatever model you are interested in.

4151 Palm Ave Hialeah, FL 33012
    (305) 822-5362

7. i300zxtt

i300zxtt New Member

Thanks Gunshow, i'll give them a call tommorow...

8. Uh... that's funny. I'm about to buy two G19's for $350.00 ea "at cost". Who's this dealer that you're talking about?

Also, if you want a Glock... talk to the boys at Topglock.com. I live across the street from the owner and my buddy does sales there. Stand up guys too. Email [email protected]

9. footratfunkface

i call bullshit on that one. bigtime.

10. Call all the bullshit you want. I'm not getting these through topglock, I'm getting them from a friend at a highly reputable shop. I just purchased an FN Five-Seven for $400. On wednesday, I'm picking up 2 more Beretta 96's NIB for $600. And I have Glocks on order.

I already posted pics of the FN. Would you like pics of the Beretta's and/or Glocks when I get them?
    :slap:

11. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

All I know is that I paid $399 + tax for my G19 and that is LEO price which is supposed to be below dealer cost or maybe right at it.

12. Y2kAccord

What is a waiting peroid to buy a gun :o

13. Y2kAccord

10 day waiting peroid.. but I am MAD NOW!! :mad: [/Homer]

14. i300zxtt

i300zxtt New Member

Fl has a 3 day wait :(

15. footratfunkface

if the dealer just became a glock stocking dealer, sure, $350 is the dealer price. for the first ten. the dealer picks five, and glock picks the other five, that the dealer gets for $350 each. if the dealer has already purchased his first ten glocks, the price goes up way above that. once again, i'm calling bullshit.

16. i300zxtt

i300zxtt New Member

I stand corrected, the waiting period is actually 5 days here in Florida... :(
    But I get my new Glock 23 on Friday :) Price was $489 + $79 for some Mepro nightsights installed, and $19 for an extra clintonian-10 round mag... I can't wait! Oh, this was at Lou's in Hialeah by the way...I can't say enough how friendly and courteous the staff was. I highly recomend this place...

Has anyone gotten electronically fingerprinted for their CCW?

17. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

What's up with all this waiting period bullshit? AGHHH! thank god I live in Texas.

18. Jeebus, I don't give a damn if you call bullshit or not. The fact is Tinkerbell, I just picked up the below handguns for $950 out the door. 1 Glock 19 for $350 and 2 Beretta 96's for $300 a piece.

Lemme guess, you're gonna call bullshit on the price next... aren't you? :rofl:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Already have em pal. For the record, I love CZ's too. :naughty: I used to carry a Glock a few years ago and I lost it to a trade. After I buy a few more handguns I'll be done... then I'll start building AK's.