Cheapest place to buy a Powerbook?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mclayborn23, Nov 3, 2004.

1. mclayborn23

mclayborn23 Guest

What website sells the powerbook g4 the cheapest? I can get the 15" 1.5ghz for $2299 plus free shipping from mac. Any ideas?

2. Kriddaw

Kriddaw More than meets the eye.

I bought mine from us1camera.com a few weeks ago, it was the best deal at the time.

3. Braddlac

Braddlac OT Supporter

dont forget about the student discout...if you are a student

4. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

apple mandates that vendors' advertised prices may vary from the ones apple sets by no more than $5. good luck :o

5. Kriddaw

Kriddaw More than meets the eye.

Really? My powerbook is listed for $1999.99 on the apple website but I picked it for $1730 on us1camera.com. :dunno:

6. unvme4EVER

unvme4EVER Guest

I always check out www.dealmac.com before I purchase anything. I bought the first flat panel 15" iMac for 1,500.00 instead of Apple's listed 1,999.99. I found a company in Philly running a one day sale on the new iMacs. They were so shocked that I was calling in from Louisiana to order one they sent it to free of charge. So I never purchase anything without checking that site first. Macmall.com also has some deals if you check them out regularly. They always offer free shipping, free ram and free printers with purchases of new systems.

7. prae

prae OT Supporter

I usually have good success haggling with in-store employees at apple certified retail outlets (not the "Apple Store" but a mac-only dealer).

Usually i can get a product for about a 10% reduction, in addition to the .edu discount.