Cheapest place for Sprint phones?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BlingblingWJBoy, Jan 24, 2005.

1. I've done a ton of shopping around online.. everything that seems to be a good deal requires a new activation fee of some sort. I CAN get a $150 rebate from sprint, but it sounds like they're pretty limited as to where I can use the rebate. What's my best bet? I hunted around on ebay but I can't find many deals that would be worthwhile, and I obviously can't use the rebate if I order off ebay. Here are the phones I've been looking at, in the right order:

Sprint PM8920 (I'd like a speakerphone and the camera)
    Samsung RLA760
    Samsung PMA740
    Samsung VGA1000

I don't think the A740 listed a speakerphone, but I guess I could do without. It would be nice to have however. Would appreciate some suggestions.

2. skooter

skooter Guest

Try Costco, they usually have good deals or Radio Shack. Personally i like Sanyo phone over Samsung, i have had both and the Sanyo always seem to be solid. If you are looking for speakerphone and camera i suggest the Sanyo MM-7400 or the Sanyo VM4500, i have had both and they are very nice. I have not used the A760 yet but people i know who have it like it alot.

3. RadioShack seems to be pricey. I'll see if I can get into Costco today. Thanks!

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Nope. OT Supporter

Don't get the 8920 if you can help it. Spring the extra dough for the 8200 instead. Audiovox is crap.

5. I ended up getting the Sanyo PM8200. Spent 209+tax. Got the recharger, ear piece, holster, car charger for it as well, all in one pack. Not tooooo shabby.

Isn't radioshack pricey? I thought their prices on the phones were pretty much similar to those that I found at the Sprint Store. Thanks for the advice though.

6. wangatang

wangatang backing it in your mom

Costco is the best, because of their lifetime customer satisfaction guarantee. Basically you can return your cell phone and get a new one :o I've done this 2 times already, and my friend has done the same :cool: