GUN Cheapest place for glocks

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Phreaxer, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Phreaxer

Phreaxer Guest

Im going to be buying the first handgun that I will own in my name. I have been around guns since I was young, and I was wondering where the best deal on a Glock could be found. I live in Cali, and the laws out here are rediculous. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Hunt local shops, for sale forums at places like Glocktalk.com, thehighroad.org, AR15.com or check gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com

$500 for the 9/40/357 and $530 for the 10/45 frames is an average good price. Figure if it's an out of state deal, you have to add ~$20 for shipping and ~$25 for a transfer fee (to a dealer in your state).

So if you have to add $45 or so to an internet deal, a local shop may still be a better buy. Pays to shop around, but i'll usually pay a few bucks more to give my local guys business.

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

$480 for a 9mm frame is the going rate, and the lowest, in my area. the only place that does it for that is one particular store that i go to a lot. they mark glocks up almost none.

you can also check shows, because people will have refurbs there for cheap. i know a guy that sells refurbished glocks from the glock factory for $400. granted, they're used, but all the important stuff is new, and straight from glock.

4. Car54

Car54 Member

I priced out my glock 30 and found it went anywhere from $550 to $750 locally.

the $550 was at galyans, but I ended up paying $575 from a local gunshop because the guys there were extremely helpful and I'd rather spend my money at a gunshop that can help me whenever I need it. Its truly paid off, because they gave me a free 50 pack of ammo when I bought the gun, which basically made it the same price as the chain store, and now they know me by name and dont mind letting me hold mini uzi's and cobrays all day long as I daydream.

5. footratfunkface

yeah, my first glock will most likely be a refurb. many of them, maybe most, come from PD's, so there's a lot of holster wear on the slides. they're refinished and internals like the trigger group are replaced. the barrels are still original, but they're supposed to last 100,000 rounds, so that's not a big deal.

see if you can find refurbs if they interest you.

6. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Sig > Glock

7. footratfunkface

Sig price > Glock.
    Sig Weight > Glock
    Sig Triggers < Glock
    Sig Reliability < Glock

8. Furner

Furner New Member

nice

9. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Why do you think so?