GUN Cheapest, good guns for target shooting??

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by >DRIVEN<, Sep 22, 2002.

1. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

I'm kinda thinking about getting a handgun to do some target shooting. What are some decent, yet reasonable priced guns for this?

2. Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden Guest

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Check out the Ruger MkII's, pictured above. Cheap and accurate. :cool:

4. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Try finding a good firearms store and purchasing used as there are great deals on them. My first purchase was a Llama .45auto, still shoots wonderfully, great accuracy, and I've *never* had a misfeed or a jam. All for $230 including a nice little black aluminum 2 pistol case :bigthumb:

5. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

you can't beat a brick of 500 .22s for less then $15 :cool:

6. nordaim

nordaim Guest

Definetly check the used gun selection from your local shops (provided you have several). Take you time and look around for a bit and you should be able to find one for an excellent price.

Just make sure to check it out thoroughly before you purchase, if you do not know anything about guns, take along someone you now who does. Any reputable gun shop will let you look the gun over as well as disassemble it if you would like. If you do not know how they will normally show you the process from beginning to end to insure you understand the proper workings of your firearm.

7. Bdog

Bdog ...but do I really care?

Get a Ruger Mk11 or 22/45. If you want a larger caliber, get a Ruger P95 9mm. Good quality and inexpensive.

8. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

Anschutz w/ electronic trigger..... :fawk:

9. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

oh, yeah, that's good and cheap. shit, in my jrotc days, the marine corps bought our rifle team like 13 anschutz pellet rifles. goddamn, those things are awesome. when you get in position, they don't move, because they weigh so much more than a standard pellet rifle that when you have little shakes, the rifle's own inertia keeps it from moving. the only problem for me was that i'm a lefty, and they're not an ambidextrous rifle. we had some lefties, but because of a knee injury to my left knee, i had to shoot the kneeling position righty. so, rather than switch rifles, i just shot righty the whole time.

cliff notes: i like anschutz, but you won't get one cheap.

10. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

Are you sure you aren't right eye dominant?? I know some lefties that are!!

11. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

nope, i'm left-eye dominant. even when i shoot righty, i use my left eye mostly. i say mostly because i never completely close my right eye. there are three things i do lefty: eat, write, and shoot. everything else is righty. i prefer lefty to righty shooting because i have more fine motor skills on that side. i can control the firearm better. although, i have to admit that tonight, i shot my friend's springfield 1911 much better left-eye/right-handed than left-eye/ left-handed.