Cheap thrill ride.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 426Hemi, Dec 25, 2003.

1. 426Hemi

426Hemi Guest

Found something on the web that may interest those who live in the Baltimore area. There is a place that will allow you to either have a ride, or take the wheel yourself of a Dodge Viper. For the sum of $75/hr you may let their driver take you on a "demo" ride (for those who cannot drive a stick or do not have a license)or you may drive on a "training" drive. I emailed the guy and he said that while they have to abide by the law, it is not a boring ride. Like he said "0-60 is legal". I for one plan on trying this out sometime after the new year. For those of you whom feel as I do about the Viper, $75 is a cheap price to pay for what is one of your dream cars. The web-site is www.viperrent.com , it is a low quality web-site but seems to get the job done. If anyone gives it a go before I do please let me know how it was. You are allowed to take pics (they take some as well and email them to you) and you can bring a video camera to record your experience. Some might think it isn't worth it, but how else can you drive a Viper this cheap? Renting them is out of the question for most as it is $300 or more a day and you have to be a certain age and leave a substantial deposit. Anyway thought that some of you might be interrested.

2. 4C FED

4C FED Ain't my GOD DAMN planet understand monkey-boy!

First day the CEO of our company had his Viper GTS he let me drive it, alone.
    It was as good as, if not better than sex.
    Scared the shit out of me how fast I got to 90 (in a 40).:eek3:

3. Elusive

Elusive New Member

Good find. Might have to give that a try.

4. 426Hemi

426Hemi Guest

4C_FED one helluva CEO you have there.

Yeah I figure for $75 it would be kinda hard to be disappointed. Hell I would probably pay that to drive a Z06, and it isn't nearly as exotic and exciting to me as the Viper.

5. 4C FED

4C FED Ain't my GOD DAMN planet understand monkey-boy!

:o As I exited the parking lot, I went straight out through the driveway. BIG mistake, I scraped the front end on the gutter as I left. :o
    That thing is to low.

6. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

Fawk.

When are we going man?

7. 426Hemi

426Hemi Guest

Heh I was waiting for you to see this. I hopefully will be going sometime after the first of the year. Might ask for it for my b-day in mid January.

Hows the break-in of the gears going?

8. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

Sweet, let me know!

Gears = Not good considering I'm 1500 miles away :) I was about halfway through the breakin though when I left... So soon... oh yes... soon...

9. 426Hemi

426Hemi Guest

Just emailed the guy again, I posted over on the Viper Club of America board and he saw my post and PMmed me and gave me his business # and home # and told me to call him if I had any other questions. Funny thing too was that the post was not about his business, it was one asking about any Viper events in the area. Seems to be a pretty cool guy.