GUN Cheap red dot

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Soybomb, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Has anyone seen or tried this? http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=142&t=611015

[​IMG]

$90 shipped for a aimpoint micro rip off that has a year warranty and seems to have some happy users. Might be a good option for a range gun especially when cheap bsa ones at walmart are $30.

I'm considering one for my .22 handgun but I suppose a 30mm tube is probably more useful if you don't have a cheek weld.

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I'd like one for my Speed Steel .22 handgun. I had a 30mm tube on it but it just seemed so big. I guess a doctor style optic would be ideal.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Yeah I think so I just don't think I can talk myself into a sight that cost more than the gun for this :big grin:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/osprey-holographic-sight.html is another option I've considered but I have a feeling that is the sort of thing that disappoints.

I'd like to hear from some people using the micro sized tube on handguns. I like it on a rifle, I feel like the small tube blocks less of your vision. I worry a little that on a handgun you might hunt for the dot a little bit without a stock to help guide you into place.

4. Keesh

Keesh New Member

For some reason I was thinking those Burris FastFire's were less than $100. Tasco's Optima is right around $150 and I've heard good things.

In for more people to chime in who have used little red dots on handguns though.

5. I've shot a 10/22 with a FastFire on it. I think it's a great sight. It's tiny and light, and it sits low to the bore. The cost is more than some of the real cheap options, but it's not prohibitive. I initially bought my C-More for my 22/45, but it ended up on my 10/22. If I were getting a sight for my 22/45 today, I'd get a FastFire.

6. Keesh

Keesh New Member

:cool: thanks. The Fastfire seems like the best option to me for my 22/45, glad to hear from someone who has experience with it.

7. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

8. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

I have a similar BSA sight that's only useful indoors. The reticle gets washed out in sunlight.