Cheap Receiver recommendations?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by anomaly, May 15, 2003.

1. anomaly

anomaly If you weren't around for the original HA.net spli

Im going to be getting some Fluance, you probibly don't know who they are so if you don't don't comment about it, speakers. It's going to be a 5.1 setup. Recommended power is 20-200wrms. Im looking for something that will put atleast 70 in a 5.1 setup. Refurbs are ok, price is a big factor. I will not be using this for HDTV, so I don't need high bandwidth video switching. It will mainly just be for music/dvd's/X-Box. So can anyone help me out?

2. 04

04 Guest

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/ph...r1603.jpg&c=2

Its around 400 dollars I believe. As for it putting out 70w x 5 channels with all channels being driven simultaniously with bandwidth of 20hz to 20khz at less than 1 percent distortion, I doubt it. But no reciever in that price range will put out that kind of power...

3. hypnosmurf

hypnosmurf blue member OT Supporter

The 1603 puts out 80 watts x 5 it's a nice little receiver. It can also be found online for less then $400. :bigthumb:

4. anomaly

anomaly If you weren't around for the original HA.net spli

I found one that does. Kenwood VR-6070. I've seen 3 tests where it drives 5.1 w/ all channels @ 93wattrms. At under 1% distortion. Plus I don't need Video Switching, no HDTV. I just need something I can plug my Fluance speakers, Adire Shiva Sub, X-Box, Dvd Player, and TV to.