Cheap place to fix fryed amps?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by idontgiveashit, Jan 27, 2003.

1. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

well i hooked up some subs in my new car...an unnamed board member hooked the subs up while i was doin somethin else and the wire fell off once, he reconnected it. While i was driving home all of a sudden subs quit..since that has happened to me once before and i left deck on it fryed my shit. So after i got home from work i took subs out and went to see what was wrong..turns out one of the wires fell off and hit the positive. I hooked up the test amp i have and the subs worked. Put the D2 back on it and nothin...power light came on...no sound. So i redid it again..and still same problem, test amp worked d2 didnt. Last time it happened i sent it to earthquake and they kinda raped me. So does anyone know of some good shops that are hopefully cheaper than Earthquake?

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

what wire fell off

and i wanted to solder them

there were only about 500 conections that could fall off

and to answer your question most palces dont like ot fix other companys amps and such casue they use brand specific parts and its impossilbe to keep all of the scematics on hand but talk to tech man he might be able to fix it

3. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

talk to TechMan, he's in the business of electronic repairs.

4. idontgiveashit

it was the sub that you took out cuz the wire fell off once. the drivers side one.

5. DNMonty

DNMonty New Member

Tips Inc, in Mississippi 601-932-5108
    I had them repair my PPI A600 a while back and they were very god about the cost and the repair was perfect.:wavey:

6. idontgiveashit

hey thanks monty, do you know if they can make it one ohm stable?teehee

7. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

what part of get a hold of tech man didnt you understand :slap: seriosuly the guy isa wiz when it comes to this stuff he offered to fix my neintendo for a few beers

8. DNMonty

DNMonty New Member

I dunno, but I suppose you could ask them. When I sent my A600, I was running 2 Kicker C10a's and it was sucking lotsa power but didn't seem very efficient, now running 2 pairs of C10a's (2ohm load) and it doesn't seem to dim my lights like the pre-repair version did. They were very helpful and called me with an estimate before doing anything to it. They told me @ that point, if I didn't want to have them do it, then they wouldn't charge anything but the return shipping.
    But it seems another OTer has a cheap (not necessarily better) solution, you may want to check out also. I just know there is a lot more to fixing high-current amps than resoldering broken contacts, (read: not a Nintendo)

9. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

have you even ever talked to tech man he built his own ocilsocope (sp?) and ive seen him make amps out of old vcrs. IM sure the place you go to is great too but ill have some one i know do it before them