Cheap notebook for text doc. only? suggest please

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MrBlonde, Apr 2, 2004.

1. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

I'm looking for a cheap notebook/laptop computer on which i can do just typing. I like my desktop computer and plan on keeping it but would like a notebook so i could go places and type when my room gets hecktick and shit. Anyone have any suggestions for what I could look at? Again, it doesn't really have to be any thing fancy...just must have a CD-Rw drive. Any suggestions where to look? Again, I want something that is just for typing word documents, i'm not interested in having music or video capacity on it or anything else.

Thank you.
    ' :bigthumb:

2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Pretty much any old laptop will do if all you want it for is word processing. In order for it to have a CD-RW drive stock, it'd have to be a relatively new one, but if you get one with a CD-ROM drive then you might be able to replace it with a CD-RW. Were you looking to go with a new one or a used one?

3. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

either way it would work for me. Like i said, it would be used solely for word documents and I would like the CD-Rw capacity for ease of file transfer.

4. Aimless

Aimless Resident drunkey

Meh, this will surely start some debate, but I've never had too many problems with eMachines.

If you can find a decent IBM Thinkpad on ebay, that might be a good way to go.

Otherwise, check out www.powernotebooks.com .