LGBT Cheap backne treatments?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by surrender, Jan 14, 2004.

1. surrender

surrender [ON MEDS]

(Mods: if this is in the wrong forum, move it to wherever it's appropriate)

I've been having problems lately with acne on my chest, shoulders, and upper back. I normally wouldn't really care about this, but some of it is quite painful if it rubs against my clothing.

Steps I've taken to treat it:
    1) Whenever I shower, I scrub those areas with my fingernails, and I always get a ton of disgusting skin flakes coming off. I would understand getting a ton of them if I only scrubbed once in a while, but I do this every day and they keep coming back.
    2) I use my Nivea for Men face scrub on those areas. It feels nice and clean when I'm done, and it's helped me clear up a bit for the last couple of days, but the face scrub is pretty damn expensive.

Can anyone recommend a cheap body scrub I can use, or some other treatments for this?

2. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

You could go see a dermatologist about it. Sorry I'm not much help. :hs:

3. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

drink a lot of water, take some vitamin B and B5, keep the area clean, just buy a backbrush thingy so you be sure of the pores being clear, just don't rub like if you were cleaning your tires and you should see an improvement...don't scrape them with your nails becuase they can only get worse.

do you sweat a lot?

4. surrender

surrender [ON MEDS]

Nope, I don't sweat much since I spend all day at home :hs: I'll start sweating more when the semester starts again and I have to walk all around campus.

I'll look into the backbrush, thanks.

5. krista

krista New Member

If you pick at it every time you shower it will never heal, and will leave some nasty looking scars. The skin on your back and chest is tougher than face skin so you can use stronger products. Clearasil and Noxema have medicated bodywash just for that, or a dermatologist could help you out too

6. surrender

surrender [ON MEDS]

Nah, I'm not picking them. I'm scrubbing off the dead skin, which is some gross shit.

I'll look into the bodywashes. Thanks.