GUN Cheap ammo, thought I would share

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Michael Westen, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Michael Westen

Michael Westen OT Supporter

I was told about them from a guy at work who is a total gun nut. He has a range in is back yard, probably shoots 1,000 -5,000 rounds per week.

The factory is only 20 min from my house. :bowdown:

http://www.nationalbullet.com/

2. whamola

whamola Tonight....you.

Are these all reloads, I assume? Anyone heard of any problems?

3. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

It's not that cheap, thanks though.

4. Michael Westen

It's cheap when the cheapest store in my area sells 9mm fmj 115gr for 15.00 per box

And yes, reloads. Most of the police departments in the area use their stuff. Extremely high quality.

prices in cleveland < prices in texas

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

$149 for 1000 (9mm) is $14/100. unless he pays YOU to ship its still not that great.

6. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Hrm they have a lower set of prices if you send in your own brass . . . there are free Rifle/Pistol Ranges in FL, could just go in scoop up a bunch of spent casing and send them in.

7. ElChupacabra

ElChupacabra we should have fucking shotguns

Walmart has Blazer brass 45 for $6/box less than that. Only thing I have found besides Federal Tactical +P that will cycle my HK CT.45 with can on it.

8. AB13

AB13 New Member

uh, I would NEVER use anyone elses reloads but my own. I don't care who their from. My guns and my vision/face means too much to me. Besides, those prices are still ridiculous. Learn to reload and you can make 1000 9mm ammo for 70-80 bux, I reload for less than half of shit ammo prices. And MUCH better quality ammo than the crap walmart sells.

tailored low recoil ammo for your gun > shit winchester white box that's inconsistent and kicks like a mule

9. Michael Westen

For training and practice purposes. Use your head. :ugh:

10. AB13

AB13 New Member

eh, it's always these little small rinky dink no name reloading companies that ALWAYS tote that they also provide ammo to your local LEO. Which I believe some may do.

All it means is they are on a tight budget, and don't care enough for their officers safety to buy them factory.

Number one rule in reloading is NEVER shoot anyone elses reloads but your own. All it takes is one double charge and there goes your eyes, face or even life. It aint worth it to me, I'd rather KNOW for sure I've looked inside each round I make. And I can take my safety/life into my own hands, and I care about myself more than they do.

[​IMG]

11. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

either way, its a fucking shitty deal.

12. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

Ohio... I'm sorry. My mom is from there, she got smart though.

13. el capitan

el capitan New Member

cleveland crew :wavey: where do you shoot?

14. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

:rofl: i love guys that post a "deal" on "cheap" ammo, and it turns out to be shit ass reloads more then new ammo.

HEY YOU FUCKING HICKS, RELOADS ARENT WORTH MORE THEN NEW AMMO(not talking to the thread starter here, but the reloaders selling this SHIT(ie: georgia arms, who can go fuck themselves)

15. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

shit, i WAS talking to the threadstarter. :dunno:

16. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

eh, i didnt want to piss him off. i know he was TRYING to give a good deal... but reloads are NEVER a good deal. it just really gets on my nerves when these morons sell reloaded shit for MORE then new ammo. :greddy:

17. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

i will agree, reloading yourself definately saves money. i keep wanting to get into reloading, but not take the plunge on buying everything id need... its like 700 bucks lulz

18. AB13

AB13 New Member

it depends on what you go with. It's like the ol chevy / ford debate though. You can go with Dillon or Lee. Lee is cheap and has it's followers, Dillon is more expensive but better quality. Most of our members are Dillon loaders, as am I.

You could probably put together a Lee kit to reload for around 2-300 bucks. You will make that up in ammo costs in less than a month and it'll literally pay for itself.

I went with Dillon, and all in all have maybe around 600 into it, give or take. Its a hobby within the hobby of guns. Now all of my gun purchasing decisions are based on if I can reload for it. A gun ain't worth having unless I can shoot the shit out of it.

19. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

i was looking at a lee... but i want the nice scales, the good micrometers and tools and shit... i havent shot in about 2 months, so it wouldnt pay for itself... plus, i have a glock... im not reloading that brass, i dont care if people say its ok. the case bulge is quite obvious.

20. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

You need to work at a dept with unlimited ammo

21. AB13

AB13 New Member

4 words from you from a reloader that reloads for 3 Glocks.

"LEE FACTORY CRIMP DIE"

It's my magic Die I use that sizes the entire length of the brass and knocks out the Glock bulge completely.

I use it for all 3 of the calibers I reload for, 9mm, 40 and 45. I wouldn't load without it. It's the only patented die that will get rid of the bulge. I go through 1000 rounds a week on my glocks and have never had a problem.

If you only plan to reload on a semi serious and basis and don't plan on shooting/reloading too much the Lee is fine. For me, in a single session 3-4 hours, I'll reload close to 1000-1500 rounds and the only way to do it is with a Dillon 550 progressive reloader. Plus the lifetime "NO BS" warranty is a plus. Best customer service of all the presses. Lee is only 2 years.

22. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

but wont that weaken the case vs non bulged cases? id think so... id rather not kaboom my glock, i like it too much. now, if i bought a new fully supported barrel... then yeah id probably reload.

23. AB13

AB13 New Member

uh, the bulge has absolutely nothing to do with Kabooming a glock. worst it could do is force a feed issue/extraction issue, and even then, it wouldn't in a glock because of the fact that it's unsupported. It just won't feed in other guns, but it will with a glock.

The only time you could kaboom a glock is if you double charge a load, or foul up the barrel so badly from shooting lead, that it causes the bullet to lodge into teh barrel, and that's how they Kaboom, or of course shoot a squib.

You can absolutely not do it because of a bulged case. Someone sold you on some gun shop commando BS.

And no, that wouldn't weaken the case at all. Case weakening is caused by over belling your cases, putting an agressive crimp and over charging a load. FCD has nothing to do with weakening a case.

I've reloaded and shot close to 50k reloaded rounds through glocks through out the years. What you've been told is the same dribble I hear at gunshows and gunshop commandos that have no idea what they are talking about.

Read: ABC's to Reloading and Reloading for Competition. Again, it depends on how much you shoot. But reloading, along with being economical, can be really fun.

24. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

ok, ill check it out. im glad i kept the brass anyways.

25. jordanh

jordanh New Member