A&P Cheap (~250$) Film SLR

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by whoarnti, Apr 8, 2004.

1. whoarnti

whoarnti Guest

I am looking to pick up a film camera for ya know, taking photos. I dont know much about film etc. as I have been looking for a digial camera and will most likely buy one soon as well. For the time being though I want a film camera for fun and maybe good blown up wall shots. Can someone reccomend a camera for approx 250 that I can use for this purpose. I was just checking the best buy and circuit city ads but I want reviews or reccos. Thanks

2. Merli

Merli gplus.to/merli OT Supporter

Second hand Nikon F80 has your name written all over it buddy :bigthumb:

3. dragon1976

dragon1976 Guest

Go to a pawn shop and see what they have. Swap meets are good too (And I guess flea markets)

Do you want Manual Focus or Autofocus?

4. whoarnti

whoarnti Guest

well I would like both, i want the option of auto but want to be able to manually adjust

5. get a canon rebel 2000 or TI even. they have auto focus and manual. have auto programming and manual, along with shutter or aperture priority. lenses are good quality and work well.

when going digital you can get the digital canon rebel. this way your lenses are interchangable. also you don't have to worry about learning new settings

I own a TI and digital rebel. i love both and wouldn't live without either. good luck with your search. hope the info helped out.

6. whoarnti

whoarnti Guest

The Elan 7 looks pretty good, what about like the Nikon N80 or so. Id like something that will last me a while and I can still upgrade, I dont plan on going professional or anything but dont want to skimp out. Any ideas?