Charles Poliquin on Protein

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by grimstone, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grimstone

grimstone magic murda bag OT Supporter

2. NUDES

NUDES New Member

Poliquin has always been huge on tons of protein and BCAA and just about zero carbs but a lot of his theories have been scientifically debunked by people such as Lyle Mcdonald and so on. Take that what you will.

3. grimstone

grimstone magic murda bag OT Supporter

he does makes some pretty outrageous claims at times. i take everything i read with a grain of salt.

4. themolsen

themolsen New Member

I didn't read anything too outrageous in the above :dunno:

5. Rojo Johnson

Rojo Johnson Active Member

brb, eating 800 grams of protein today.

6. smb is me

smb is me New Member

don't forget to take 5000mg of bcaa's. that way you can gain 20-100lbs of lean body mass in 2 days.

7. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

The two take home points i think most people miss are the need to ABSORB what you eat. I think 90% of people would notice a difference if they took a probiotic/digestive enzyeme stack religuously for say 6 months.

The other thing is to vary protein sources. I don't think you need to rotate shit every day, but if you've been living off egg whites and tuna for the last 8 weeks, you should probably try switching things up to give your body a break. I don't know about clearance times for developed food alergies, but I can say even a day or two with varied protein sources would help someone in this kind of situation.

8. smb is me

smb is me New Member

whats if you have a standard rotation neways? I mean, I have eggwhites, tuna, chicken, and whey protein every day. Some days i'll also have either: steak, salmon, tilapia, turkey, cottage cheese and on rare occasions ground beef, or shrimp.

9. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

I think it's more important for people who religiously follow their diets (ie. me) of egg whites, chicken breast, fish, and cottage cheese literally every single day. But everyone would likely benefit from taking a break from things. People might hate me for saying, but drop your whey and beef intake completely for week, replace it with say a plant protein blend and fish and tell me how you feel ;)

10. Searcher

Searcher New Member

It is hard to imagine taking BCAA's during your workout can increase your lean body mass so much in a month....

11. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

I know a lot of guys that have addictive personalities and eat the exact same thing. It never changes and Poliquin beleive that eating like this can lead to issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.