WEB charging people

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by thisgsx, Sep 12, 2009.

1. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

so say you've got your site up and running how do setup so that when they buy, the money goes directly to you and not through a 3 party like paypal, billpay or whatever? if there is a way, how would you go about setting this up?

2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

you need a merchant account from a bank

3. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

thanks!

4. dazmanultra

dazmanultra New Member

Merchant account from a bank and then something like Sagepay to process the payments (formely Protx) :)

5. hank85

hank85 sudo shred /dev/sda -f -v -z --iterations=6

Yeah, the first thing you need is a merch account from a bank, not the hardest thing to get but make sure you shop around and compare rates.

Then you're going to need a CC processing gateway, Sagepay, Authorize.net, and even PP does this now.

6. brds

brds OT Supporter

Get a merchant PP account and google for a paypal class... Its what i did and it's really easy

7. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

This sounds to be the easiest. What kind of rates are you getting? Did you make any comparisons before going with your decision? Have you had any issues so far?

8. LowClass

LowClass New Member

What type of site and what is the volume. If its low volume dont bother with a merchant account and gateway, itll probably be too much hassle. just get paypal pro and/or google checkout, so what you pay a half point more its easier to deal with when you arent really making that much money.

9. Audioholic

Audioholic New Member

EVen though third party merchants charge more I could not justify the cost of a merchant account such as gateway fee etc until I was doing about 2k/month.

Before that it was still more cost effective to use 2checkout which I think charged 5.5% compared to 2.10% that authorize.net charges.

10. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

It's going to be a dating site, something like match.com. I know there's a lot of competition out there so I dont even know how my volume is going to be like. I probably wont know until a few months or even a year or if it'll even succeed at all. :hs: