SRS Chantix

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by downbynature, Feb 25, 2008.

1. downbynature

downbynature New Member

Jut started taking it last week and so far, I've been smoke free for 2 days. I know it's not much yet but it's better than I've done in the past so I plan on sticking with it. Wish me luck.
    Anyone else try the Chantix?

2. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

My brother in law, who is in his mid fifties, has been smoke free for almost a year thanks to Chantix. His doctor says it's a miracle.

My wife and I both have scripts for it. Now all I need is a kick in the ass to go get it filled. :run:

3. downbynature

downbynature New Member

Just go for it. It's weird being without them but it's easier to deal with each day.
    I actually wanted to start a few weeks ago but my ins. wouldn't cover it at 1st until the doctor sent them forms stating that I needed it for medical reasons.
    I think they just don't want to pay for something like that if people are just going to start smoking again.
    Glad they covered it though. The cost would've been $130 without the insurance just for the started pack. With Insurance I paid $20.00.

4. bryan954

bryan954 New Member

just got a 2 month prescription, insurance covered it.

5. NiggaPHX420

NiggaPHX420 OT Supporter

I went from smoking a pack a day down to 2 cigs on the 7th day, or last day for allowed smoking.

Sadly because of my previous stomach surgery, I cannot take this pill without severe stomach pain.

Sigh.

6. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

I know two people (Sis-in-law & GF) who had some VERY bad side effects from this med. Deep depression, flu-like body aches, suicidal thoughts.... Just be aware if you notice any of these types of changes.

7. Lol McRofles

Lol McRofles Lollers OT Supporter

The good old Prior Authorization. When Chantix first came out insurances were rejecting it left and right. Now I think they are starting to realize its better to pay for this now then pay for more treatments later. Hardly any insurances are rejecting it now.

8. geniks

geniks king of the hill

it doesn't help with the mental addiction at all :(. i still slip up when i'm around somebody who is smoking.. but other than that, i've had no withdraw.

9. mountainjam

mountainjam New Member

Has any heard if this reduces the urge to want alcohol or other addictive substances?

10. kaps

kaps :lurk: OT Supporter

Tried getting it about two months ago. With insurance it would be $300 for the one set and $300 the last. I ended up not filling it. Still smoking. For that price it is worth it if it works, if they gave a money back guarantee I would feel better about it, but at the same time think it was Ron Popiel selling me a pocket fisherman.:hsd:

11. Autoeng

Autoeng New Member

30 year 2 pack a day smoker here. Quit cold turkey with Chantix. Tried many other things numerous times and this was the only thing that helped. On third month now. First two months insurance didn't pay but third they picked it up. Small price to pay to leave the smokes behind.

Ask yourself where will that money be in three months anyway? Up in smoke.

12. downbynature

downbynature New Member

So far so good. I took it for the 1st month, then went to get the 2nd month filled and Insurance wanted prior authorization again so I said fuck it and didn't bother getting the 2nd months worth. I've had no issues and have been smoke free for over 3 months now. feels good to get rid of that habit!
    If you log on to quitnet.net and create a free profile, it'll keep track of your stats for you (days smoke free, money saved, tome added to your life, cigs not smoked). I thought this was a great motivation.

13. Diesel Fumes

Diesel Fumes Guest

mine rejected it. Its called Champix here in Canada but it's the same thing. I paid about 40 bucks for it. I have been smoke free for several months thanks to it.