SRS Chantix - how is it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Negative Ions, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Negative Ions

Negative Ions New Member

So I got a prescription for Chantix, but haven't started it yet. I plan on it soon though. The doc did mention it can make alot of people nauseas however. For those of you who have taken it, how was it, and did it work?

2. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

It is truly amazing how well it has worked for me and many others I know. Some have had wild dreams while on it. I have had no side effects at all.

3. Negative Ions

Negative Ions New Member

Cool. I might wait until the weekend to try it. Don't need to be puking at work or something. I hate meds, and am the type of person to look up EVERY bit on info I can about anything I might take.

I did notice the shit is expensive though. $125 for a months supply. What the fuck is that all about, and why don't most insurance companies cover it? I've actually got great insurance and figured they would, but nope. The doctor visit cost me $5, also got a scripts for some Xanax which cost $10, and got raped by the Chantix.

4. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

i just started it, it works great for the physical addiction. its the mental addiction thats hard to break. like having a smoke in the morning or after lunch.
    i do have some crazy dreams, sometimes ill fall asleep while watching tv and have dreams about whats happening on tv. i enjoy that though. no other side affects that i notice.
    my current insurance does cover it luckily, i thinks its like 15 dollars a month.

5. MellyMo

MellyMo New Member

It worked for me when I used it. I did feel nauseas, but only because I didn't read the directions properly at first. You must must must eat something before you take it.

I found that it just made me forget about smoking. I was calm, very little cravings, and was impressed with the experience. Also, the dreams kicked ass.

6. Daveee

Daveee New Member

My stepmother was on it and it seemed to help quite a bit in terms of helping her quit, but after a couple of weeks she started having minor auditory hallucinations and extremely vivid dreams that made her uncomfortable enough to stop taking it...and of course now she's smoking again. In my opinion, it had more to do with her not wanting to quit than the drug itself.