Changing warranty owner

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hurleyint1386, Dec 16, 2008.

1. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

Does anyone know how to change the owner of the warranty for a Lenovo ThinkPad? I purchased an R61 which I was told didn't work, and I swapped out the RAM and upgraded to 3 gigs, and now it works perfect. I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the name on the warranty? It doesn't end until 2010, so I figure I should put it in my name just in case.

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I would imagine the original owner would have to call them to transfer it into your name.

3. hurleyint1386

Damn, I purchased it from a company who had them all for their employees. I wonder if I need to get ahold of their IT department and see if they can do it.

4. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

from ibm's site

[FONT=helvetica, arial]f you transfer a Machine to another user, warranty service is available to that user for the remainder of the warranty period. You should give your proof of purchase and this Statement to that user.[/FONT]

5. hurleyint1386

where did you find that? I tried looking around and couldn't find anything at all

6. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

When it comes down to it. IBM doesn't care. Call their support line and they will ask for your address for a death box. If they read off an incorrect one from the previous owner, have them correct it. It really isn't as big a deal as you think.