Changing text size on Alpine 9857?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Zak8022, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

I just bought an Alpine 9857 w/ iPod hookup. So far, i love it, and it sounds great. My one concern is that when you're searching for a song on the iPod (and other media i suppose, i just havent tried that yet) the text size is quite large. I realize this is for ease of readability, but i cannot even read half of whatever is on the lines. It seems to only be 13 characters... which is shit.

So basically, does anyone know of any way to either make the text size smaller, or make the text scroll? I found something in the menu called Text Scroll, and set it to Auto, but it made no difference. :dunno:

2. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

Monday morning bump.

3. n0rw00d

n0rw00d Guest

theres 2 fonts but they look similar and you'll still only get ~3 lines of display max when browsing ipod

which surprisingly i dont have a problem with. you can skip through your lists quickly by using the numeric buttons

4. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

I know how to change the font... but they are both the same size. My problem is not trying to fit more vertically... its trying to fit more horizontally.

For instance, an album called "In Search Of Sunrise 5 Disc 1" gets cut off and looks like "In Search Of"... which is pretty much useless.

It would seem that if there were a way to get the currently selected item to scroll horizontally, this would solve the problem... but i have not seen anything hinting that an option like that exists.

5. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i usually set the text scroll to auto... so it rotates the whole text.

6. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

I have this done... but i'm starting to think i'm not being clear. I am not having problems when things are playing. I am having problems when selecting songs/albums/etc from the ipod (or CD-R, or whatever).

The text scroll being on auto doesnt seem to do anything for scrolling in this 'selection' screen.

7. SpunkyXL

SpunkyXL OT Supporter

I wish you can control the ipod rather than the HU to search songs.. can't stand searching through songs with this alpine HU

8. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

I like it because i dont have to have my ipod out in plain sight, and i can hide it away. However, at the same time, i'm having this problem of not being able to see the whole artist/album/track name when i'm browsing the ipod. This wasnt a problem on my old 9835... but it seems they changed things a bit for the 9857.