SRS Changing Sponsors

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by goldenk10, Jan 10, 2005.

1. goldenk10

goldenk10 Guest

Recently considering a sponsor change. Nothing is particularly wrong, nor have there been any particular incidents regarding my sponsor and I. Simply put I am getting "bad vibes". In addition, my sponsor has entered into a romantic relationship that seems to be taking away from other activities in recovery(availablity to meet with other in the program, specifically, sponsees). I am midway through the steps though, and want to finish soon.

The area I live in would be considered "small town" by most people. The total population of the city is about 45,000. So, the fellowship(s) here are relatively small. In other words, there are very few men with time who are sponsor material. This is really the only reason I am reluctant to seek out another sponsor.

Thoughts and opinions welcome.
  2. karmastang

karmastang New Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Do you feel comfortable discussing this issue with your sponsor? He might be so wrapped up in these other issues that he doesn't realize you aren't getting the support you need.
  3. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Sep 26, 2003
    I came from a town of roughly the same population. I was able to find a sponsor though there aren't exactly many that I would consider great sponsor material. Nonetheless, it may be to your benefit to get a little bit out of the area. Sometimes the transaction costs are just inherent to your situation. Some people have to drive a half hour (or more) to go to a gym that caters to their needs, some people drive that distance to go to school, maybe you should be willing to look in the surrounding areas for a sponsor.