changing cell phone provider ??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Huntmoney, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Huntmoney

Huntmoney New Member

2. DINide

DINide New Member

don't forget with the BB, you have to get a data plan to make full use of it

3. shiba

shiba Active Member

depends on what you want to do with it. If you only need it for email, then i would go with tmobile because they have a better deal. If you need it for myspace, helio hands down.

4. Huntmoney

Huntmoney New Member

well i cant get that blackbeary phone with the myfave plans so thats out. not im just confused. i went and looked at the helio phones and i dont like it

5. shiba

shiba Active Member

good choice. I'm not sure how long helio has been around, but tmobile has had a long time to establish its name and improve their service. Besides, the blackberry is useful for other things. I like the treo better personally, but to each his own.

6. The R-ruh

The R-ruh OhMyWhat?!?!

Go with Sprint. T-Mo's voice AND data service sucks. If you want real internet access on your phone download opera mini browser and surf the web with broadband speeds with Sprints Power Vision.

Oh yeah, and if you liked Nextel for DC, there are hybrid phones about to launch that use Sprints CDMA network for voice and Nextels iDen for DC.

Oh yeah, but you want T-Mo :mamoru:

7. Huntmoney

Huntmoney New Member

nextel service sucks. everyone i know that has it could not use their DC for about the past week. there is not really a chance ill stay with nextel or sprint. my phone that i paid $300 for has broken several times and never gets service. and as far as liking the DC it was nice when it works, but have the time that crap would just beep and at me and give some stupid error code.

it may be great for you , but for me its not worth the $75 i pay a month

8. GearHead

GearHead Active Member

I have a BB with a MyFaves plan...

9. Huntmoney

Huntmoney New Member

yeah since i posted that post i have been to a tmobile store and found out that you can do it.

what plan/services do you have with the phone? also is it worth the $200 for the phone

10. GearHead

GearHead Active Member

I use the the BB Pearl on a Family Share plan (2 other lines) pooling 3000 mins with MyFaves on each line. I get unlimited messages and have the BB Data Addon for 19.99. WELL worth the 200. Best phone I have used.