changes ?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RedDawg, Feb 26, 2004.

1. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

Once my tax return comes in i plan on getting a nice home theater set up, my 10 y/o shelf system isn't cutting it anymore. The equipment i plan on buying is listed below, i'm probably going to order it all from crutchfield at the same time unless theres a better/cheaper website. Any suggestions/changes you guys think i should make would be helpful or any experience stories would also help.

receiver - Denon AVR-1804 here
    DVD/CD player - Sony DVP-CX985V here
    floor speakers - Infinity Alpha 50 here
    center - Infinity Alpha 37C here
    surround - Infinity Alpha 25ES here
    sub - Infinity Alpha 1200s here
    surge protection - Reference PowerCenter™ HTS 5000 MKII here
    remote - Sima SUR-35 here
    wire - monster cable here

2. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum

That's a pretty nice receiver, but I think the component bandwidth is only 30MHz...that may or may not be an issue if you plan on using it for component switching of high def sources. You can probably get alot nicer dvd player for that price if you don't mind giving up that 400 disc changer feature. As for the speakers, make sure you go to a store and audition them...buy whatever sounds good to you. Other manufacturers to look at in that price range might be Axiom, Paradigm, Rocket at AV123...the downside is that, apart from Paradigm, the vendors are online only so auditioning might be difficult. Infiniti isn't really known for their subs so you might want to check out something from SVS, Hsu or maybe even Paradigm in that price range. As for the wire, don't waste your money on expensive monster cable...grab something from http://www.partsexpress.com/ and it will do the job just fine.

3. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

hmm, thanks for the tips. I've never even heard of those brands before but i'll def. check them out.

4. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum