Changes not happening as fast as i'd like... Critique my workout/diet...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by jared_IRL, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

Guys,

I know you're all gonna laugh at me, but I am towards the end of my cut, and i'm not losing the fat fast enough. I'm getting married in 2 weeks, and even though I know i'm not going to make drastic gains in that time, i'd appreciate any tweaks or ideas to help me lose as much as possible in this time frame. After the wedding and honeymoon, I plan on sticking at maintenence til winter, then bulking again, although a lot cleaner this time...

Current stats:

height 6'
    weight 215
    bf ~16%

Supps: ON whey, creatine, amp, multi, ZMA

diet:

breakfast: 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup oatmeal w/skim milk/cinnaman, 1 cup black coffee, 1/2 cup v8 - 3g creatine, 2 amp, multi

meal 2: couple teaspoons natural peanutbutter, yogurt

meal 3: either one of these sandwiches: Tuna mixed w/fat free mayo, onion on wheat bread, or chopped chicken breast in hot sauce, on rye; with banana, 2 more amp

meal 4: pre-workout: tuna w/ wheat crackers, handful of peanuts, or 2 whole hardboiled eggs

meal 5: Post workout: protein shake - 2 scoops ON whey, w/ 3 teaspoons dextrose, 3 teaspoons maltodextrin

meal 6: dinner - some sort of lean meat or fish, paired with a green veggie and a complex carb. Vaires by day, but always consists of these 3.

before bed: 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 3g creatine, 3 ZMA

Ok... Workouts:

Every other day - wake up @ 5am, run 1.4 miles.
    Every Tues/Thurs - Ice hockey games. i'm the goalie.

Monday - chest/shoulders. 3x10 incline barbell, 3x10 incline dumbell, 3x10 flat barbell, 3x10 side dumbell raises, 3x10 front dumbell raises, 3x10 barbell shoulder press

Wednesday - Deadlifts 5x5 balls out

Friday - Arms/back - 3x10 bent over barbell rows, 3x10 upright rows, 3x10 preacher curls, 3x10 skull crushers, 3x10 barbell curls

Saturday rest day
    Sunday rest day

(rest days usually include running or walking the dog, riding a bike, or some other general physical activity...)

So... help a brother out. I don't want my honeymoon pictures to be scarred by my fat ass hangin out all over the place!!!

Thanks!

2. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

More deadlifts.
    Where the fuck is legs?

3. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

gotta squat negra!

4. ~Drifter~

~Drifter~ New Member

rework your whole routine

5. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

I know i'm missing out on legs...

But after playing ice hockey, my legs are worthless. Being a goaltender kills my legs... I rely on them for every save, every movement, and I don't get to take shifts, i'm on there for the entire game, nonstop.

Now, with the running, it feels like every day is leg day.....

I typically try to do legs every other Saturday. When I do, it's squats, leg extensions and calves. Nothing too insane, just enough to get a workout...

However, for the short term, i'll add em back in to the weekly routine. Where would you suggest they go?

6. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

details?

7. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

what is your calorie deficit?

8. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

most of the time, when someone is not cutting as much as they want, its because they are not counting, and just assuming what they are eating is less calories than they are burning

9. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

:werd: fitday and pre-cooking meals FTW.

10. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

:werd:

11. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

That's a GREAT point! I'll start up a fitday tomorrow. I've always been aware of what i've been eating, just never tracked it to the T. That would definitly make sense...

Also, more info, and hopefully a better explination of my situation...

I lived in Ireland for 2 years, drank nothing but Guinness, ate nothing but bar food, and my workouts consisted of walking from bar to bar.

I came back at 240 - 30+%... it was absolutly terrible. Especially considering I wrestled 125, only 4 years earlier...

I first got into lifting soon after getting laughed at by an ex, who I was hoping to get back with. I then lifted every day, and cleaned my diet up, and got down to 170 - 10%. At that point, I was super confident, happy, and ready to roll. I met my fiance at that time. Of course, soon after, I got bit by the 'broly' bug, and wanted nothing more than to get bigger. So I started my 'never ending bulk', and got up to 225 - 20%. I felt HUGE! But in a good way. Although I knew that 20% was the highest I wanted to go, I was satisfied with my strength and muscle gains. Pretty much my shoulders, arms, and chest are all rock solid, but I have a gut, a slight double chin, etc.

So with the wedding ~2 months off, I decided to cut. I forgot how hard it was. Even though I've cut what I feel is a good portion of calories, and started running, the weight isn't coming off nearly as fast as I thought it would...

now, being 4% and 10lbs down from where I was, I can see the improvement, but it's not coming off fast enough. I wish I would have started the cut earlier.

So now i'm in panic mode. I just want to drop everything I can before we go. I'm not afraid of hard work, heavy weight or supps. I just need to know what's my best bet for dropping as quickly as possible.

thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.