Changer control question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Pioneer, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Pioneer

Pioneer Are you annoyed? You will be.

Will an MP3 changer work with a non-MP3 HU?

I bought the Sony CDX-MP70 for my '65 Imperial just because it has a look that will work, then I checked it out :eek:

Now I'm considering buying another Sony for my '96 LHS but it needs a different look ...

The MEX-1HD would work but doesn't have changer control or XM capabilities.

I like the CDX-F5005X look (basically the
    non-MP3 version of the CDX-F5705X )

But then the MP70 is the only one with anti-shock

2. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

It should work just fine so long as your HU has an input for a changer, don't expect to be able to do anything with the HU as you'll need to use the changer control that comes with the changer though...all the changer is doing is basically sending a signal to your HU to distribute

Most people won't need to worry about having anti-shock in a car stereo... I'd just go with something that fit your needs..

Sorry if I haven't answered what you needed answered, if not, just let me know...

I've never been a huge Sony HU fan... Maybe you could look into something else?

3. Pioneer

Sony HU + Sony changer = supposed to work (I've done the FM modulator in a previous car --- stock HU (Alpine) + Kenwood 10-disc)

I've currently got a Jensen and I did a really good skip on a minor bump, not really happy with the Jensen (for other reasons) but it looks good in the car.

Perfect answer, which I kind of expected but ... My DVD player will play all kinds of formats but leaves it up to the receiver to decode the signal.

That's a thought but it would making swapping discs between cars easier if they've got the same changers and the Imperial is getting (not installed yet) the MP70 so will get Sony changer(s) also

4. Pioneer

BTW, If you didn't click any links, the MEX-1HD looks just like the MP70 except colored differently ---- It's just the MP70s coloring won't work in the LHS