Changed my cardio routine, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by fahrfrumlosin, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fahrfrumlosin

fahrfrumlosin OT Supporter

After reading the post about MAX-OT Cardio, and 3-weeks of not much improvement in terms of my weight, I decided to try something a lil different.

Background: 5-6 days a week of this.
    I do about 37min of elliptical/day at resistance level 9, and about 161-170 strides/min, est. of 500 calories according to readout (yes i know..blah).

2 of those days, I also do some arms/chest, consisting of max/dynamic days of weights, chin-ups, pull-downs etc...

The new cardio change: Starting today, 20min on elliptical, 175-182 strides/min intensity, level 9, estimated 300 calories...
    And every subsequent day, I will up myself +1 more minute than the previous day until I hit 30 minutes after which, up my intensity to level 10 and start at 20 minutes all over again.

I know MAX-OT focused on using a recumbent bike because you don't have to concentrate too much on keeping yourself balanced and just work out, but I feel stupid on one of those machines. Granted, elliptical isn't running, but I've done elliptical for the past year and it seems this has been the most effective cardio for me yet. I lost 35lbs this year solely using an ellitical machine.

2. zeroxt

zeroxt New Member

I like the elliptical too, over most other cardio equipment except the rowing machine.

3. fahrfrumlosin

cmon guys, i know this isn't a broly thread, but this is my 2nd or 3rd post and no helpful replies?

4. JAFAR

JAFAR FPS whore OT Supporter

Looks good to me. You're analyzing your routine, revising it accordingly, and setting realistic goals.

Just for comparison sake, my cardio consists of 35 minutes on the elliptical, HIIT. 2 minutes at lvl 3 135 strides/min, then 2 minutes lvl 14, 180 strides/min. Rotating back and forth all the way to 32 mins. Then 3 minute cooldown.

5. fahrfrumlosin

Holy crap 180 strides/min at level 14, THATS STRENOUS!!!!

How long have you been doing this to get to that point?

6. JAFAR

JAFAR FPS whore OT Supporter

I've only been doing elliptical-specific exercises Since Oct. 2nd, 3 days a week. But In the beginning I was doing an hour at level 9 at about 140 strides/min, and I've been working my way up ever since.

I used to run very frequently as well, before I got serious about my physical shape, so my cardiovascular system is pretty developed.

Just keep at it man, you'll see results. :bigthumb:

7. fahrfrumlosin

Thank you! That's the example and encouragement I wanted to hear!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.