certification routes for networking

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by The Ripper, May 10, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Right now as I stated in another thread im taking classes and getting ready to take the tests for a + certification. From there im going to go for my network +. The question I had was the following. Is security + really needed? I noticed alot of places really dont ask for it.

My goal is to get my cisco certifications but some guys in my school who are trying to go for the same thing are going to go and take the MCSE certs. What im wondering is whats the most time and budget effective way to get the certs I need to jump into cisco.

Can I just go A+ > Network + > Cisco after afew classes and experience or should I get other certifications as well and if so which ones.
  2. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Aug 12, 2006
    I took the classes for A+ and to my surprise I passed on the first try on the test.
    I remember taking that test, going into it I expected to pass the first one, but I felt that I hadn't studied hard enough for the second test. I was in a deep state of shock when the computer came back and said I passed the 2nd test.

The Cisco stuff on the other hand....
    I have NO work experience with networking at all. I went through a year long course for the CCNA. Failed it both times.

I don't know what to say about it. Personally, I think if I had some work experience I would have done better.

Get the A+. Good confidence builder that one.