Certainly not new to the game...but have a difficult question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dannycam, May 12, 2006.

1. Dannycam

Dannycam New Member

Ive had my car now for about 4 years, and i know the insides and out of it. I recently dropped an lt1/t-56 combo into my 95 camaro. with doing so, i had to change the interior wire harness.

now, ive been trying to install a new system, and im stuck really bad.

OKAY...

I INSTALLED MY NEW RADIO
    RAN NEW RCA'S
    NEW REMOTE
    NEW POWER
    NEW GROUND

I THOUGHT THE RCAS MIGHT HAVE BEEN BLOWN IN THE RADIO SO I BOUGHT AN RCA HI/LOW CONVERTER @ BEST BUY. I INSTALLED THE CONVERTER MATCHING COLORED WIRES....

I STILL HAVE NO BASS!!!!

THE AMP POWER IS ON
    THE SUB THUMP WHEN CONNECTED TO THE BATTERY
    WTF!?!?!?!

OH AND THE SUBS DO THUMP BUT ITS MORE OF A PULSE AND IT DOESNT GO WITH THE MUSIC.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I CONNECTED MY AMP TO ANOTHER SYSTEM AND IT WORKED FINE...

the radio has 3 rca outputs...thats why i bought the radio..its almost impossible to find that nowadays....

all three give me the same problem. i bought the hi low converter just to see if maybe my rcas were blown...and apparently its not that either.

now...i ran direct cables from the radio to the rear speakers, and direct cables to the front speakers as well. the radio is grounded and the rest of the wire harness is working.

im so lost. the speakers are wired correctly, and they are connected properly to the amp...

i ran new rca and i have them connected red to read and white to white...as far as the amp...they are on one channel of the amps...i have connected one speaker right now...and its been pulsating...and also it works somewhat at low volume but once i put it up...it starts to pulsate...

.MY QUESTION IS...IS THERE ANYTHING ON THE WIRE HARNESS THAT MAY BE FUCKING IT UP? REMEMEBR I JUST DID AN ENGINE SWAP AND I HAD TO CHANGE MY INTERIOR HARNESS. COULD THERE BE SOMETHING ON THE HARNESS THAT IS HOLDING BACK?

FOR NOW, I HAVE THE REAR SPEAKER WIRED DIRECTLY TO THE RADIO. IN OTHER WORDS, I RAN WIRES FROM EACH REAR SPEAKER TO THE BACK OF THE ACTUAL RADIO.

THE FRONT SPEAKERS ARE WIRED THE SAME.

ALL FUNCTIONS ON THE RADIO WORK.

ANYTHIGN ELSE?

2. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

Are you using the amp to just power the subs or for the speakers as well?

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

your problem is more than likely your RCAs or bad amp ground.