GUN Century built M70 problems.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mystical Badger, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Mystical Badger

Mystical Badger New Member

So I got my M70 in finally, after a lot of phone calls back and forth between AIM and me (they misplaced my money order), and I was super excited. For awhile. After having messed with it and dissasembled and reassembled several times I noticed something. I noticed that:
    1). Front sight canted to the right
    2). Gas-block canted to the left
    3). The rear sight leaf is canted to the right but the base is straight (wtf?)
    4). IT HAS THE WRONG FUCKING RECEIVER!!!:madfawk::madfawk:
    It's supposed to have the 1.5mm M 70 receiver but it has a run of the mill AKM 1mm receiver! I've heard stories of Century's general AK incompetence but I thought a Yugo wouldn't have so many problems, but boy was I wrong. I'm most pissed about the receiver. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet because of the holidays, and I'll get pictures up this evening.

I'm wondering what to do about it. Is it worth it to send it back to Century to get it fixed? I don't want to wait 5 frikin' weeks but I don't know if there is an alternative.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

Thats why I stay the fuck away from Century. You could build your own with less headaches.

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Good luck getting a 1.5mm receiver unless you bend your own from a flat. Century uses NoDak receivers which are the best you can buy. The only thing the 1.5mm receiver adds to the rifle is weight. A properly heat treated 1mm receiver will be just as strong.

If you were looking to buy a shooter, nothing wrong with Century, but most of their builds are anything but authentic.

Are they using new US barrels on their M70 builds? I doubt they will fix the cant issues, but you can ream the cuts a little larger and use an over sized pin to straighten them out if it's that bad.

4. Mystical Badger

Mystical Badger New Member

Well I'm going to fix the sight cant, then see if I can sell it and try to find a stamped M70 parts kit. I'm looking for an underfolder so its pretty much the Yugo or a Polish.

5. Keesh

Keesh New Member

6. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

keesh you get a chance to check out the new milled polish AK's?

7. Keesh

Keesh New Member

The Century ones? They are OK from what I've seen. Typical canted sights in some, and lots of tooling marks in the lightning cuts. I wouldn't pay $600 or whatever they are asking for them.