TAT celtic tattoos

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by dpizzle2oo6, Jan 3, 2010.

1. dpizzle2oo6

dpizzle2oo6 New Member

Hey guys. I am thinking about a next tattoo and want to aim towards a half/full sleeve. That half/full all depends on what i end up with for an idea.

Im going for a Celtic theme. My mom was born in ireland and I have been to the country over a dozen times. I would love to get a sleeve to show my appreciation to the country and to my heritage.

So basically this thread is being made to gather some ideas. i already want some knots and would like to incorporate my last name. But, i do not want the typical Irish American stuff that people get tattooed.

2. changeyez

changeyez New Member

3. dpizzle2oo6

dpizzle2oo6 New Member

thanks

thanks, anyone have anything they wanna toss up. I have yet to be able to find any Celtic tattoos on here.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

I had the same idea when I was in college, and I am happy to say pre-Celtic/tribal tat craze :o

I checked out a book on Celtic art/archeology and found a photograp of a stone cross that I loved. I made a photocopy and brought it in to the shop and the guy did it. I figured that would be the way to get the most original Celtic design, rather than some random guy's "interpretation" of Celtic design. That might be a place to start to find design elements. A good artist should be able to take those and work them into something.

5. Capt. Slow

Capt. Slow Member

I have an eternal-knot bangle tattooed just above my wrist.

6. dpizzle2oo6

dpizzle2oo6 New Member

thanks buzz that's a great idea.