cellphone help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by elephant16, Sep 7, 2005.

1. elephant16

elephant16 New Member

Well i signed up for a cingular plan and bought a motorla v220 under a 1 year contract.. Well the screen went out on the phone and i called into cingular for a replacement. Well i went through hurricane Katrina and everyone went ape shit broke into alot of cars.. mine was one.. They made off with the broken phone my amp and cd player they couldnt take my sub so they punched holes in it.. Well anyway fastfoward to now my new replacement phone just came in.. Its a cingular v551.. Well is there anyway to use this phone under say some sort of prepaid plan.. Since i cant send the old one back cingular wants 150 dollars.. theres no way i can come up with 150 dollars plus this months bill and all the other crap that needs to be done due to the situation im in right now i wont be able to catch up with shit until next month atleast.. Anyone have any ideas.. ?? im sitting here looking at a new phone what can i do to use it? it would only be temp.. im figureing cingular wil justt add the 150 dollars onto my bill ..

2. LisaMarie84

LisaMarie84 OT Supporter

Call customer service. If you can prove to them that you were indeed a victim of katrina i'm sure they'll be willing to let the replacement slide.

800-331-0500, enter your number, press zero when it asks which option you want. Speak with the rep and be nice. If he/she doesn't get you anywhere ask for the supervisor. Also, go into a local store and speak with the manager.