Cell phone plan through Amazon.com? (AT&T)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by V, Jul 6, 2004.

1. V

V Corrupt and Immoral

i just found out you can get service plans through amazon.com. i was looking at the att plan. is this the same plan i would get if i were to go to the ATT store and get one? cause the plan is kinda vague online (doesnt mention unlimited mobile to mobile in the plan i was looking at which are included if i buy from the ATT store) and the coverage map (for GSM) is REALLY sparse compared with the one on the ATT site. is that just cause its not updated or something? reason Amazon.com appeals to me is they have a $200 mail in rebate on the v600:bowdown: so it would be $50 AR. anyone ever get a plan from them or know anything about it?

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

the plans will be the same. as for the coverage, what plan were you looking at and i'll give you a map

3. Walka

Walka New Member

Pineapple Devil,

you know if there is any availability on the Moto e398?

thanks,
    walka

4. V

V Corrupt and Immoral

from Amazon.com: AT&T America National 450 - Next Generation - 39.99
    [​IMG]

i also cant find this plan on the ATT website. on the website the national plan for 39.99 has 600 anytime minutes. and the coverage map on the website is showing much better coverage.

i mean...that map above is just freakin pathetic

5. turbodeuce

turbodeuce ....................

That phone hasn't been released yet... no date as far as I know.

You're reading the website wrong. Look: http://www.attwireless.com/personal/plans/plans.jhtml?planpage=gnation
    $39.99 for 600 is for a local plan, in some markets you can get 700 for $39.99. National you get 450 minutes. Enter your zip code and it will show you your local promotions.
    Use the map off of the att website for coverage, you will get the exact same coverage regardless of where you buy it from.

6. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

that map is old school! go to attwireless.com and look up the gsm national map. it muuuuuch better

7. Walka

Walka New Member

ive looked into the e398 for a bit. apparently the phone is available in europe/asia. its a tri mode gsm phone, 900/1800/1900. apparently there is a US model in the making, but i havent seen any info about it. if i were to get the euro model, how usable would this be? i know the 900mhz mode would be worthless but how neccessary is the lower band (800/850)?

i live inbetween providence RI and boston MA, which has pretty good coverage. in your opinion, should i wait for the US trimode, or get it now and sacrifice the 800/850 band?

thanks, i really appreciate your help.

walka

8. V

V Corrupt and Immoral

oh yeah...woops. ok, so its the exact same plan right? i think i might do this :cool: i mean shit...$50 for a v600 is a steal :eek4:

9. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

i'd wait if it were me. the 850 band is a really strong band. ive never had a phone and it only be able to work off one band so i dont know how it does but i wouldnt take the chance. take a look at the samsung e316. we've got it coming out in a very very short time. my friend got his demo phone in today and said hes impressed with it