WEB Cell Phone Number - for website helP?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by airbball23, Mar 25, 2008.

1. airbball23

airbball23 Rent this Space only $5/mnth

anyone know where i can get a special number for example how you can can send text messaging to 40404 on twitter or if you want to vote for an american idol contestant you can text vote to 5543 or if you want ringtones you text ringtones to 54878. idk you guys understand what i'm saying?

2. airbball23

interesting. i found this http://www.textmarks.com/ but is there any others ones?

preferably like the ones i mentioned above - not a 3rd party like textmarks?

3. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

You have to go to someone like Celltrust or someone else that is going to sell you a Short Code.

It's pretty expensive to get a short code. It's $500.00 a month for a non-vanity and $1000.00 for a vanity. 3 months up front for everyone. That just gets you the short code. Then you have to pay Tmobile a special fee for theirs as well. Once you got your short code, you have to pay the month fee + a lot of the times origination (you receive), and termination (you send). Those can range from .02 for origination to .07 for termination. There is a monthly fee of around $600 with to keep the short code active on top of your monthly fee.

All in all, you pay about $1200.00 a month + messages for a non-vanity short code.

The best bet, is to go get a shared short code. That will save you a lot of time and money. Runs about $250 a month plus messages and the amount for each of the keywords.

4. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

planning to rip off some kids, like those tv commercials ? :o

its always funny to read the fine print.... "a 25 dollars a month charge will be applied...blah blah"

5. airbball23

shit it seems like you did a lot of research on this before. thanks mang!

btw does anyone know if you can set up a mass sms text that will automatically send texts to ppl who sign up for your list.

6. airbball23

haha you hit the nail on the coffin. :bowdown:

7. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

Yeah I have.. I have a lot of info on how this all works..

To answer your question. You can. It's easy. When they subscribe to your list, just grab their Network Provider (ie Tmobile, ATT, sprint). Each cell phone can receive a text message via email.

So store that information and send it off to them that way. That's how most people send messages.

8. airbball23

ahh great! i was thinking this! thanks a lot! :coolugh: