Cell Phone Advice

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Hondamts, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Hondamts

Hondamts Member

Hey Guys,

I am in the market for a new business cell phone and with everything that is now available on the market/what is coming out soon I need some advice. I think the most important feature for me would be easy access to e-mail, easy to type, reliability, and durability. I'm a surgeon so that phone is going to have to withstand some degree of being abused especially by nurses in the OR who have this tendency to throw rather than place things, whatever... Price, provider, are the least of my concerns.

I was considering getting the crackberry Bold, other than that I have no idea. I checked out the nokia n95 yesterday but didn't like the lack of a full keyboard. I appreciate any advice

thanks!:bowdown:

2. keensab

keensab Bang Boom Pow!

Definitely go with the blackberry. I have the 8700g and it's durable as - .

Full keyboard is the way to go and if you are gonna go newer gen ~ the bold or curve is the way to go. The 8800 world edition's keypad is too cramped imo.

Blackberry > iphone for durability and speed of typing + real keyboard.

3. jedimasterELMO

jedimasterELMO Beer, boards, and Android

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Black Jack 2: SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

bbs, treos, or blackjack 2. try them out to see which form and OS you prefer.

i currently use the bj2 on ATT, but i might exchange it for a reguler phone because i cant get used to the qwerty kb and being "available" all the time thru email/im. :o

bb curve seem popular. i know another OTer that has a treo and is an anesthesiologist. nevr asked him how it works in the surgery rooms.

4. strjms72

strjms72 New Member

There's a new blackberry coming out Blackberry 9000, maybe that's a good choice

5. dooks88

dooks88 need some bat wings

Blackberry for sure. Decide what service provider is best for you, and pick their newest blackberry. At&t, which I have and love, will be releasing the Blackberry 9000 Bold in a couple weeks. I have the bold, and its the best smart phone out imo. It definitely the best blackberry ever.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008