Cell Phone advice

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by smerkor, Jan 14, 2007.

1. smerkor

smerkor New Member

I need to get a cell phone, and the choices/plans/models are a bit intimidating. I don't want to spend much, $100 for phone and really only want a 1 year commitment. I am in Austin, any suggestions? Which carrier tends to be the best? I wont talk much on it, so I assume I can get a plan where I would only pay <35 total. Am I dreaming?

Also, I am going to use this as my only phone, but I want to transfer my existing landline number to use as my cell... is this possible?

2. Showtime_III

Showtime_III OT Supporter

3. The R-ruh

The R-ruh OhMyWhat?!?!

I'm in Austin and Sprint works great here. I have a signal everywhere. No need for a landline at all.

4. smerkor

smerkor New Member

after looking at most of the sites, tmobile does seem to have the best plans... I like the plan where you can talk to 5 people unlimited, cause that will really be the most of my minutes. How is tmobiles reception and service here in Austin? Also, I see they have set plans online, but do you think they negotiate on the phone for better rates?

5. smerkor

smerkor New Member

Well after a lot of research... I am zeroing in on the sony ericsson W810i... with cingular. Cingular seems to be kind of shitty as far a CS goes... but I dont assume any of the carriers are great. Any thoughts on this phone/carrier???? Thanks