Cell people: recomend me a phone.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jmechy, Nov 25, 2007.

1. jmechy

jmechy Calmer then you are.

My piece of crap Motorola MPX220 has stopped charging as of today, so its time for a new phone. I have AT&T, and can't switch carriers.

Things I need:
    easily sync contacts and calendar with outlook or something similar
    have a decent camera
    bluetooth for wireless headset
    Charging cable that doesn't break every few months... (usb mini would be ftw)

Things I want:
    wifi

Things I don't need:
    office viewing / editing
    TV/Video/Music from AT&T
    music playback

I could go for an iPhone, but I really would like to avoid signing a new two year contract with AT&T. However, I've played with a friends iPhone and liked quite a few things about it. Too bad the damn thing can't run Opera and isn't 3G.
    I was also looking at the Samsung D900, but for that much money I figure I might as well get a real smartphone. It also requires some lame software to get the thing synched, I'd prefer just to have activesync if possible.
    I won't have a data plan unless I go for an iPhone. However, I would like to have a phone that has wifi since I am almost always within range of a hotspot.

Ok OT cell gurus, give me some recommendations.

ibgetaniphone

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

blackberry pearl

3. Bitter Moose

Bitter Moose OT Supporter

The Blackjack would probably be a good choice. You might as well get a smart phone or an iPhone. I'm a pretty big iPhone fan myself.

4. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

Blackjack II is out now, may want check it out

5. jmechy

The blackberry pearl doesn't offer me much at all. I would prefer a higher quality camera, and the pearl doesn't have wifi.

The blackjack looks great, but i wish it had wifi as well. Windows mobile is a plus there, and the blackjack II with the better camera, GPS, and bigger battery are making it look good. Too bad its $400 :(

I'm disappointed at the lack of good choices. Cell phone technology in the US should be farther along...

6. Bitter Moose

Bitter Moose OT Supporter

Speaking of wifi, the iPhone probably uses it the best. I've had 3 windows mobile phones (2 of them had wifi), and there were some networks that I could never connect too. For example; at my school the login is browser based, and WM could never log into it because of it's pathetic browser. Just something to consider if wif's that important to you.

7. Halcyon

Halcyon New Member

Check out the HTC TyTan II (AT&T Tilt) its a touchscreen with slideout keyboard and has Windows Mobile 6. It beats the hell outta the iphone.

8. jmechy

I will put Opera on any phone I get that can run it. Mobile IE ftl.