LGBT Celebrated 22nd B-day at Collesium...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by suckmyexhaust, Aug 17, 2004.

1. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

... and by far this was one of the best, most relaxing, experiences I have had this year. This is also my first time to a large gay club and met some really cool people and made a couple of friends as well. I was also glad that I had some friends with me that supported me as I came out to them. The night ended too soon, but I can say that this is an experience I am gonna remember forever.

Naples/Ft. Myers has had a curfue for the past couple of days so this was a nice escape from the hurricane drama as well.

2. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Did they pull the vellarium closed as to try to keep the rain off of the spectators?

3. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Colisseum in Ft. Lauderdale? I love that club! I was just there in May tearing up the dance floor. Sounds like you had a great time. Congrats!!! :bigthumb:

4. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

5. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

I now realize I can get into alot of trouble in Lauderdale, but it is well worth it.

NovaJock... did you go to Copa while you were there? I know it's next door, but I didnt feel like leaving.

6. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

No. For some reason Copa was closed the night that I went. So I went to the Colliseum instead.

One of the best places to go is Georgie's Alibi in Wilton Manors. It's an awesome bar in the middle of a predominantly gay strip mall. There's a few gay clothing stores there as well as Boom - another gay club.

The layout of Georgies is very cool, spacious, and KILLER drinks. The food isn't half bad there either.

My plan is to get a condo down in the Lauderdale area within the next 1-2 years. I've actually considered moving there, but from what I can tell, the job market isn't that great down there.