GUN CDNN rifle deal?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Soybomb, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I don't know if this is a great deal or not (I suspect when it comes down to bang for your buck it isn't) but some of the guys at THR are going nuts over it so I thought I'd be sure you all knew of it too.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=382651
    (I still don't like CDNN)

2. itchiban

itchiban New Member

That is a steal right there. I might have to be in on this. :eek3:

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Wat sub 1/2 MOA OMG! Is this Want2Race. I guess I'll stop researching my 6ar project. To think I was going to drop some serious $$$

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

:rofl: sounds like perhaps I didn't overestimate the hype. I missed the fractional moa comment but I figured for $500 you might as well get a 700.

5. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

They are pretty good rifles and at that price, you have a HELL of a deal.
    yes, they are sub MOA but not 1/2 MOA

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Whoever wrote this must have been high. PBR's are NOT $1200 rifles. SPR's can be, but that's a different rifle entirely. They used to have the SPR actions available as well, but I haven't heard/checked lately so they might be sold.

Tempting..... if it wasn't a 308. I wish upon a star that FN/Winchester would get off their asses and make CL barrels in other calibers. Fuck, just sell me the blanks, and I'll buy enough for a lifetime. The technology is more than sound, and is one of the better ideas I've heard of in some time. They have the potential to blow the whole barrel/rifle industry wide open, but haven't. Weak.

Can you imagine a CL 6.5x284, or a 243AI? Hell, I just want them to make a 7WSM in the SPR line.... I'd buy two!

Bad dealings? I've neve had any problems from them. Wanna divulge the story?

7. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I would have to have to shoot one or have somebody shoot one before I believe it's sub MOA. Again it's 10 shots at 100 yards subtract the bullet diameter = under 1 inch. Lots of people talk, and if shit is to be believed everybody and their brother has a sub MOA rifle. With as much time I spend at the range, I just don't see this many sub moa much less moa rifles in real life.

8. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

[​IMG]

My no bullshit 3/4 moa group from my AR. Nothing but prone with a bipod. No fancy ransom rest.

9. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Its a long one but one of the major points is the bill of sale is made out to your ffl and not in your name. My ffl insisted they had to charge me sales tax on the gun because the paper trail now looks like they sold it. I asked cdnn to send a new receipt with my name in the customer field (seems like a reasonable request given they billed my credit card). They refused. Other people report the same problem. Most ffl's probably won't even notice. I also was found their grading generous.

10. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Hahaha, you forget Yar that most people don't want to do a string of 10 rds. That's too hard. It's much easier to shoot 100 rds, and pick 3 that group close to show on the internets. I hate that shit.... the only shot that matters to me is the first one, and if I'm shooting for groups (a good way to run down mechanical woes), then I shoot long strings as three doesn't tell me shit.

The best thing I've seen was when Tactical Operations got called on their "1/4 MOA" guarantee. Tons of sack riders came outta the woodwork talking how their rifle was gauranteed to shoot 1/4min, and they had some piece of paper and a group from the builder to prove it.

Hi-Lar-ious.

The owner of SnipersHide put up a challenge, that if I remember was 10 1/4min dots on a paper, to be shot three rds each, at 100yds. Only one person did it, and it was some female grand master class high-power shooter, and even she said it was still a fluke.

Fuck your 1/4min bullshit, says I. If I could hold JUST 1MOA at all ranges, under all conditions, I'd be the king of the world.

Interesting. I've never had a problem with the sales tax thing... I wonder if my FFL knows about it. I would hate to see something bad happen to him. Sorry to hear about your bad luck; They've been good as gold to me.

11. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I agree about moa and groups. To be a true moa rifle it has to be a 10 shot group. I also agree this does not mean much. I've always said a more true test would be a target with 10 1" dots. Each fired with one shot. You can throw out one shot as a flyer but never the first shot.

12. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

Is this a better rifle than the one snipercentral uses on their beginners sniper package?

Also I read somewhere that CDNN doesn't ship to California? This true?

13. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

cdnn does not ship to california

14. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

Interesting. An accurate long range .308 bolt gun is on my list, albeit a bit further down.

Is this rifle worth it, or are there better rifles/deals to be had? I was deciding between a Rem 700 or Savage 10FP (surprise suprise).

15. reman

reman New Member

Controlled round feed, flat receiver and an integral recoil lug. It's a very good deal. Lots of people on snipershide are buying these.

16. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

Availability/cost of more magazines?

17. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Factory FN sucks.

There is a guy making bottom metal that will accept the Badger mags if that is the way you are wanting to go (DBM). None of such is cheap though.

For a short, handy rifle like that, I'd just go floorplate/internal mag myself....