CDex help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by uflathead, Jan 9, 2004.

1. uflathead

uflathead Guest

How can I get version 1.51 to access CDDB track info? It used to work and then they let their license expire and won't renew it for some reason. Is there another way to make it automatically get the info and label tracks for me?

2. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

:dunno: but in for answer as I have had the same problems recently

3. Mugatu

OK, I found this and it worked for me...

It worked for me, I have winamp3 - good luck!

4. uflathead

uflathead Guest

I tried that with Winamp 5 and I couldn't make it work. Even Winamp 5 says it gets the info and then it shows "unknown" for the results. I really don't want to go back to 2.91 just to use that patch. I have Music Match 7.2 on my comp and it gets it's info from CDDB also but I haven't figured out a way to carry the info over from it to Winamp 5. :mad: :hs:

5. Mugatu

:doh: I meant winamp5 - that's what I have - It works for me :dunno:

here's screenshots of my settins, maybe something's different on yours . . . actually, I just noticed that I put the directory info into the wrong box, maybe that's why it works with winamp5? :dunno:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mugatu

hmm, actually, I just tried CDeX's CDDB on another computer without doing anything and it just worked - maybe the service was just down when you tried it? :dunno:

7. uflathead

uflathead Guest

How long ago did you install those though? Mine worked just fine with 1.4x and then as soon as I went to 1.51 I lost CDDB labeling. I uninstalled 1.51 and went back to 1.4x and then it wouldn't work either. I bet if you uninstalled and re-installed it that it wouldn't work for you either.

8. Mugatu

:dunno:

I only installed 1.51 on these PC though since their last format and reinstall