CD RW "saving" and adding to...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by offthahook, Feb 5, 2003.

1. offthahook

offthahook New Member

Okay, I use NERO. I had a CD RW that I had saved some JPG's to. Then, I went to add a few more pics (a couple weeks later) using the NERO and it saved my new photos but erased my old ones! I wanted to add these new JPG's which is what I thought I had done with their add method... How do I just add data to a CD RW without erasing the old stuff at 2 different times??? The names were NOT the same either. All JPG's... TIA.

2. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Make sure you don't select "Close session' when burning.

If you close the session, you are, in sense, finishing off the ability to add to your CD at a later time.

3. DieCast

DieCast Guest

I was adding data to a disc on some eMac at college, and it erased the data already on there.

But when i look on the desktop it showed like 6 discs (6 sessions i guess) and all my data was accessible that way. It must think there are 6 discs in it.

When i put the disc on my pc it just showed me the latest data :mad:, stupid.

4. offthahook

offthahook New Member

werd up. I'm not finalizing it that I know of. It says MULTISESSION disc, stuff can be added later. But when I add that stuff, it deletes the previous data for me. I'd rather just add more files rather than it erase the files on there and start over...