CD/MP3 headunit question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Three00ZeeX, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Three00ZeeX

Three00ZeeX Guest

ive decided to go with a cd/mp3 headunit instead of going with a cd changer and now i just need some help on which one to choose. im lookin to spend around $150-180. flynfrog suggested the Pioneer DEH-P5500MP which i like and have read good reviews about but its around $190 + shipping and stuff and im looking to spend a little less than that. i doubt im going to expand my system anytime in the future, but if i decided on it, id like to be able to do it with the headunit im going to purchase. so if you guys have any suggestions, id really appreciate it, thanks

2. 04

04 Guest

3. Three00ZeeX

Three00ZeeX Guest

thanks.. i dont really care what brand it is... qualitys more important. i havent heard anything about the 450 but i read bad things about the 4500. anymore recs? thanks

4. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

what bad things have you heard ??

5. Three00ZeeX

Three00ZeeX Guest

ive read that there arent many features in the 4500 and no control over bass n treble, not good if youre thinking about expanding your system

6. ap

ap New Member

Click here if your browser does not automatically
    No offense, but if you are looking at buying a mp3 head unit, but are only willing to spend 150-180 dollars, you have no room to bitch about a lack of features.

Granted, treble and bass control is a must, but if you looking for a fully optioned and reliable deck at an audiovox price, you are simply wasting your time.

Anything under $180 that has mp3 support is not worth building a system off of...

7. Three00ZeeX

Three00ZeeX Guest

^thanks... so you guys think i should just go with the pioneer 5500? i got this off etronics.com

SFEQ (Sound Focus EQ)
    Additional Independent Bass / Treble Control for Front / Rear

so that means it has settings for bass n treble like goin from -5 to +5 for example?

8. ap

ap New Member

Click here if your browser does not automatically
    For that price range, the 5500 would be an exceptional product, bargain, and decision. Thats actually damn good. Yes, the eq should have independent bass/treble. I would pick that deck up in a second, but after etronics rapes you on shipping charges, its gonna be more like a full $200.

I see prices have dropped A LOT since I last looked. That pioneer is actually worth building a system off of.

9. Three00ZeeX

Three00ZeeX Guest

cool...thanks guys. well i guess the shipping charges are gonna cost alot either way.. but from sounddomain, they throw in Connector Kit, Installation Kit, and Wiring Harness so i guess the price works itself out compared to if i got it off ebay for 150 + shipping + those 3 things right?

10. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

sound domain will most likley be your best bet

11. WannaBFast

WannaBFast New Member

I came here to ask the same question, but I guess somebody beat me to it! Looks like the Pioneer DEH-P5500MP is what I'm going to go with too. Free shipping no tax AND free Connector Kit, Installation Kit, and Wiring Harness with purchase, who can beat that??

12. Three00ZeeX

Three00ZeeX Guest

^^ whered u see free shipping? sounddomain was charging me about $11 shipping.

13. WannaBFast

WannaBFast New Member

Oh shit, you're right. I was looking at the ad for MTX. My bad. I think I'll ask if I can just go pick it up since I'm only a few miles away.