CD Changers with RF Modulator

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by KING JAMES, Mar 28, 2003.

1. KING JAMES

KING JAMES part time playa, full time hustla

what is everyone's experience with the quality of these FM broadcasting cd changers?

2. number one: if you have a stock radio in the car and you want to add a CD changer to it via FM modulator, it's a good idea. the bottom line, it doesn't give quality sound output.

number two: ideal if you are leasing a vehicle.

3. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

Another thing is that if you dont have a lot of money right now, you can get an rf cd changer, but later on if you decide to upgrade the headunit, I think some of those rf ch changers can plug directly to the hu. I believe pioneer does this, not 100% sure.

4. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

Yeah, don't expect amazing sound quality. I had a customer come into the shop today complaining about his RF modulated cd changer beign defective. I checked the install and played with it for a while and my only response was, "that's about as good as you're going to get with it". When you use a compatible cd player with it though you get a much higher quality of sound.

5. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

Pioneer and some of the alpines are your best bet for being able to upgrade to a normal head unit later on. if you get a pioneer one get an fm modulated AINET one

6. Pioneer

Pioneer Are you annoyed? You will be.

If you find out who makes the headunit you can avoid the Modulator (if the HU has CD controls)

ie - My '96 Chrysler LHS HU is Alpine (was -- It's now Jensen)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, With said Alpine (for my Chrysler) I would have had to use an Alpine changer ----- in the manual for the Jensen it sounds like I can use any changer

Last edited: Apr 4, 2003