cd burner acting funny

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Robb, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Robb

Robb Guest

I have an emachines computer w/ the stock cd burner. I know this is a cheap machine and probably sucks. But here is the problem im having, when burning cd's only about 50% are actually playable. By that i mean that after i burn them the burner ejects a cd w/ "tiger stripes" looking on the data side. It appears that every other song is missing from the cd. The cd's will not play in my car or on the computer. The other 50% of cd's come out fine. I have it set to burn on the 2x, i dont know if that would have anything to do w/ it or not. I use windows media player to burn the cd's as well, any help is appreciated. im making a lot of coasters :wtc:

2. KoopaTroopa

KoopaTroopa OT Supporter

I had that problem once with crappy cheap CD-Rs, so I had 45 wonderful coasters or frisbees left. Another problem was that the songs were too low of a quality to burn, so the program would skip/error the burn, making another coaster for me. I would try another burning program too, since I hate the Windows Media Player burner.

3. Robb

Robb Guest

can ya suggest a program i can dl? these arent cheap cds too

4. Robb

Robb Guest

oh, the songs are pretty good quality, i think everyone is at least 192, there albums ive been dl'ing from suprnvoa, and theyre pretty good quality, most are 300 and above. I may try expensive cds too

5. KoopaTroopa

KoopaTroopa OT Supporter

I mainly use Roxio Creator Classic because it's the easiest to use. If that acts up, I'll use Nero as a back-up.