GUN CCW: Taurus 111 or Springfield XD SC 3"?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by erok81, Mar 4, 2007.

1. erok81

erok81 All your canyons are belong to me!!

I finally got my CCW permit and am torn between these two guns.

I have only see the XD online because no one around here carries them, if they do "they are gone in five minutes" so I haven't had the chance to check this one out in person.

Although I have seen a ton of reviews on the XD, I can't find much on the Taurus. I really liked the way the Taurus felt, and the XD stats show it is ~1/4 shorter, which may not fit my hand so well. I am not quite sure where the that height difference is.

Anyway, do any of you have a Taurus or have any experience with it, if so how is it?

I am looking at both in 9mm.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

2. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

XD SC with pinky extenders > *

I shot a friend's compact taurus, don't remember what model, but the thing was painful to shoot, way too light. I'll take the extra weight if it means i enjoy shooting it instead of hating it.

3. 86 Bird

86 Bird eh

I have a pt111 millennium pro in 9mm. I carry it from time to time, its been a great little gun. I know some people hear taurus and are like :ugh: But I've got over 1k rounds thur mine shooting difft ammo and have not had 1 problem with it. But with it being small I can't shoot it as well as my g23, I mean it shoots decent it just me personal I can shot my glock abit better.

4. erok81

I thought the Taurus was pretty small, then looking at the XD it is even smaller, so I was worried about it being too small. Since you said you can't shoot it as well, and then the XD is even smaller, it might be a problem.

Plus I kind of like the safetys on the XD, well from pictures anyway. How are they for actual use?

I guess I just need to wait until someone actually has one in stock. I don't really want to order/buy one without seeing it. :dunno:

5. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

PT-111 all the fucking way.

It's what I carry, and I absolutely love it.

6. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

I don't care much for the XD safeties.. with the Taurus it's just clear the holster and boom. It has a simple switch safety which can easily be hit on the way out though, or just left off.

7. erok81

Do you have the 10 or 12 round one? And what holster do you use? I can't really much...although I haven't searched too hard. :o

8. erok81

:rofl:

Here is part of a review I found for the PT-111.

" This is a terrific gun for a woman who wants a nine without all the weight and kick of some others. "

9. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

12+1. Right now I'm using an Uncle Mike's neoprene job (Sidekick, size 16).. I don't need any fancy shit, it's just a ride for the gun. Works just fine.

And screw the bastard who wrote that review. I want to be able to control my gun after I pull it. Call me a woman all you want.. I'm not here to prove how big my nuts are to everyone else.