GUN CCW...need some input.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by amill94, Feb 25, 2006.

1. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Well I've run into a little bit of an issue with my CCW. I live in PA. I submitted my application for my ccw on January 10th. I checked the mail today, and it still had not shown up. So I called the local sheriff's office where I applied for the permit. She informed me it was sent out January 31st. At this point I felt a little confused as to why it wouldn't be here after 20 days. I asked her to verify my mailing address, and it was wrong. They had sent it to the wrong apartment number. They sent it to L208 and I'm in C208. After finishing up that phone call I went to the leasing office and inquired if anyone had dropped off a misplaced envelope addressed to me. I had also let the manager know it was addressed to L208 vs the correct C208. She hadn't seen the envelope, and called the tenants in L208. They of course don't recall receiving anything addressed in my name. I called back the sheriff's office and was told I could pick up a re-print of the license whenever I had a chance.

My main concern is, what if this guy has my license? I realize he probably doesn't look like me, but it disturbs me that someone may have a license with my picture and person information. What else can I do with this situation? Any advice?

I also check at the local post office for a envelope and they took my info and said they would call. What a mess.

2. sprite

sprite Active Member

Best you can do is document it. Send a certified letter (i.e. make them sign for it) to the issuing agency notifying them that ist was sent to the wrong address. Detail your concerns, include the address that it was sent to, and the correct address, and include a copy of the license.

That being said, trying to a hold a governmetnal agency at any level responsible for anything is like pissing into the wind.

3. CString

CString New Member

your CCW has a picture on it? :eek3: mine's just a shitty pink piece of paper.

4. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Sounds like a plan. I just want this on file so no problems come of it. Hopefully it was just bounced back to the sheriff's office and they have it there somewhere.

5. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

use your judge of character. are the ppl in the apartment where it was delivered shady? if not, i wouldn't worry about it.

6. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I don't know. I've never seen them. I doubt they would do anything with it, but there is always that chance.

7. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

how'd they answer the phone? was it "hello, Johnson residence" or was it "Yo playa holla atcha boy, who dis be?"

8. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

:rofl: Great way to judge character on the spot

9. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

The leasing manager called the resident. They don't give out the personal information of occupants without their consent.

10. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

but you know where they live..just go knock on the door and bullshit them with, "well, if it does happen to show up, justgive me a call.."

that way you'll have met them and u know what's up.

11. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I wouldnt worry too much about it, just tell your sheriff, make sure they document it