GUN CCW in Mass.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by flyinace09, Mar 18, 2006.

1. flyinace09

flyinace09 New Member

Hey all,
    I am 19 but planning on applyin for a CCW within the next 2 years. I have the pistol already, which I have put over 1200 rounds through (A HK P7M8) which I would use as my daily carry. I checked packing.org and my hometown is one fo the "Green" towns listed there. My question is... whats the process for a Class A? What are the requirements?

I remember my uncle wanted to apply for a general gun permit (Class B) a few months ago to move my dad's (now my) collection to MA and he came home saying the police chief was going to give him a Class A license after taking the gun safety class. Is it really that easy?

2. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

3. flyinace09

flyinace09 New Member

Thanks for the swift answer, but as I said above I already spent a good amount of time on that site. I was hoping to hear from other MA residents about their application process to see if I even stand a chance, because I won'y be putting in $100 as a gamble.

4. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

sorry, I tend to not read the post :o

5. daviid

daviid cell tower tech

a few of my friends have there MA Class A CCW permits, they used "All Lawful Purposes" as the reasoning to have one. its going to take you a while to get it though, one of my friends has been waiting since around october

6. flyinace09

flyinace09 New Member

Thanks david, I am not too afraid of the wait, just more afraid of getting it at all or not. I think that I have a pretty good chance if they were going to allow my uncle, a non-US citizen, to get one...