GUN CCW holders scenario.....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by turtlewax, Mar 1, 2007.

1. turtlewax

turtlewax Guest

OK, you are walkin with you wife/GF...whatever and someone approaches. You notice them the entire time, but in an instance they are in your face with a weapon..could be a gun or knife. They are telling you to give them your wallet and her purse. Mind you, you have your gun on your waist. What do you do?

A) Act as if you are going for your wallet and get your gun and shoot.
    B) Give him what he wants and shoot him as he starts to get away.
    C) Tell him to fuck off and try you, if he dares.

Hard cause there is no guarantee he won't shoot or stab you even if you give him what he wants. I think i'd go B.

2. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

im not gonna give any advice here. But i will say you would probably go to jail if you pick b.

3. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

you go to pull your wallet, but instead you pull your gun while bringing a hard left down on his gun arm, then pop pop

:coold:

4. turtlewax

turtlewax Guest

I could see that, considering the threat is over.

5. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

This thread was beat to within it's life a few weeks ago. I will say that unless you have some handgun integrated hand to hand instruction don't even think about drawing on a drawn gun that close.

6. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

If his gun is within arm's reach, you can hit his gun and get out the way before he can react and pull the trigger...I've practiced this with my brother a bit and it works.

That being said, though... I don't know what I'd do. Depends on the situation.

7. AlcoLOLic

AlcoLOLic New Member

I'd say that the theoretical person in this scenario has done both he and his gf a disservice by putting themselves in an area where this crime would be committed, and for not paying close enough attention to individuals in the immediate vicinity in terms of threat assessment. One could tell if they were being sized up for a mugging, criminals pick easy targets.

Condition yellow does not cost anything in terms of concentration abilities, if performed often enough it becomes a habit. Being in condition white, as this situation implies, and carrying a weapon...is asking for problems.

8. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

d. grab my girlfriend, put her between the robber and I, then draw and shoot.

9. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

as soon as you have noticed a person the whole time and allowed them to draw a weapon on you, you have done yourself a disservice, it is much more dangerous and difficult to draw a weapon and successful hit a target while remaining uninjured if the target already has a weapon trained on you. Also "in your face" and "knife or gun" are just way to general, does in your face mean close like 3 feet and yelling or quite litterally the weapon touching your skin? A knife you could take a blow to the forarm as long as you gave him the viens and not the arteries and not bleed out, a gun you really cannot block.

Someone post the police training video where they show that you need something like 20 feet to draw a gun from a hip holster to succsessfully engage a charing perso with a blade.

That being said if I did choose to draw I would probably not hand him my wallet, but toss it at him the ground in front of and to the side of him. Then draw and at this point if it is a gun he has you have to fire if it is a blade you might not have to. Truthfully though with that much adrilaline hitting my system I am not really sure what I would do.

10. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Wait till he goes to leave
    Shoot him in the back
    Take his valuables
    Profit:hsughno:

11. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

easy

12. turtlewax

turtlewax Guest

Crime is everywhere...You're an idiot to say I should have been somewhere that there aren't any criminals. Each day you notice a person coming towards you when you are walking, you have no idea what their intentions are. Hence the scenario I came up with.

13. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

e.) Do backflips and cartwheels, maybe it'll confuse him and he'll just leave, mumbling "fucking weird ass white people."

14. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

:rofl:

If he's right there with a weapon, I'd do what [DWI] said - toss the wallet so he goes for it. Then draw and hold him until the cops show up.

15. Werm

Werm Guest

Definitely not option B or C... B is illegal because if he's leaving the threat is not there, meaning you will end up in prison. And not C because you don't know what he will do, why say "fuck off" and get yourself shot.

Depending on if I think it's safe (not being shot/stabbed before I can draw and shoot) I'd go with either give him what he wants or if possible defend myself.

16. Slick26

Well definitely do someting quickly, because he's not going to stand there and allow you to make a diplomatic decision. Either give him what he wants or defend yourself immediately. The longer you prolong it, the more uncomfortable they get, and the higher chance of them getting skittish and just shooting you so they can get your shit and get the fuck out of there before being seen by anyone else.

17. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

:rofl:

e) say "excuse me for a minute while I contemplate whether I'm going to shoot you, or give you my valuables. To speed things up, would you mind letting me know if you were going to still shoot/stab me after I gave you my wallet?"

18. Slick26

... in that case, then I'll just give you my wallet and allow you to walk away, so I can practice on you a little bit. See, I'm so damn used to shooting paper targets and I really want to know what its like to shoot an attacker. Pretty please? :rofl: :ugh:

Just shoot the guy and be done with it. Call the cops and let them handle the rest.

19. Crossett

Crossett New Member

For those who say toss the wallet and draw your weapon. Do you keep your wallet on the opposite side of where your firearm is?

20. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

actually I always had the wallet on the right side and just recently I had this thought and have bee trying to change the wallet to the left side, but old habits die hard. I mean in one pocket I have keys and wallet, in the other I have pocket knife, cell phone, chap stick and gum so its not like its that big a change for me.

21. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

Yes, wallet = right hand, gun = left hand.

22. BROKE

BROKE Mr. Selfdestruct

draw weapon, rob robbers, make them strip and walk home. Keep their drivers license in case you need to find them later

23. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

i do. lefty ftw.

24. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:bowdown:

25. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I'd be hesitant to draw as a shootout would put my wife/gf in danger.

Option B would put you in jail for a long time.